Toilet Duck Toilet Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • But as I really adore discounts I rarely don't buy something that is on discount if I think that it is good
  • I leave it for several minutes, sometimes I even forget about it but ti becomes a problem if you leave it for too long because it dry and it becomes tick so it is difficult to wash it out
  • I don't like house works that include water so whatever I can do without actually touching the water or the cleaning liquids I will do it
  • Long lasting fragrance (but unfortunately not all that pleasant one)
  • I would recommend it to everyone because it is really easy to use it cleans well and it the price is reasonable

• by lorelai

My mother used to buy Duck all the time when I was younger, now when I have my own apartment I don’t really use Duck because I buy so many different products that I’ve completely forgotten about Duck. But as I really adore discounts I rarely don’t buy something that is on discount if I think that it is good. That was the case with Toilet Duck Toilet Cleaner too. I saw it was on 30% discount. So for the price of 2 ducks you actually got 3 of them.

I gave 2 of them to my mother while I left one for myself because as I stated already, I don’t use them all that often. The 3 bottles were white pale blue and green, the green one was Fresh, the blue one was Ocean and the white one Toilet Descaler. I can’t tell you about the effects of the second 2 but the blue one is OK. First thing I must say is that it doesn’t smell like ocean at all, it has strong and unpleasant fragrance but I am used to that.

The fragrance is fresh but just too strong and kind a irritating, at least everybody knows that you are cleaning the toilet. The bottle is of a very nice pale blue colour and it s in the shape of the duck…well, it has a squared bottom while the neck is

curved so that it can fit under the frame of the loo. That doesn’t mean that you actually have to use it for the loo only but I usually do because it is quite strong and I just pour it under the frame of the loo, I would hate to have to touch it with the sponge. The bottle has a red cap in the shape of beak which you have to unscrew to get the liquid out.

Under the beak there’s a small applicator with a hole from which the liquid comes out. There’s a label on the squared part with he duck photo on it and red yellow and white letters. The liquid is rather dense and thick and it is blue so when you pour it under the loo frame you can see the dense drops sliding down the loo. It is cool.

I leave it for several minutes, sometimes I even forget about it but ti becomes a problem if you leave it for too long because it dry and it becomes tick so it is difficult to wash it out. When it is still liquid you just need a toilet brush and you can clean your loo perfectly in just a few moves. I don’t like house works that include water so whatever I can do without actually touching the water or the cleaning liquids I will do it.

• This duck won’t remove stains by itself, you will have to push that brush several times but in the end the loo will be clean and I guess that’s what’s important.

The manufacturer promises Removes dirt and descales (some effort of your own + quite a lot of this liquid + a very good loo brush). Neutralizes and destroys unpleasant odors, at source and in the surrounding air (exchanging the loo smells for chemical smells, if I may add). Unique angled neck reaches under the rim (which isn’t all that unique because today every toilet cleaning brand has its own duck with angled neck). Thick formula, clings to the bowl (the formula really is thick and it cleans).

Long lasting fragrance (but unfortunately not all that pleasant one). I can’t say that I am not satisfied with this product because I am, specially because I didn’t pay much for it, I got 3 bottles for 3,49 Euro and that really isn’t much. My mother was really happy when I gave her the other 2 bottles. I like the fact that the liquid is really dense so it doesn’t run down to the water in the toilet but it actually remains where you put it.

It also removes limescale and whatever has built up under the loo

frame. It is funny to see what will come down when you finally rinse the loo. You get 750ml in the bottle, so I got 2250 ml in 3 bottles for 3,49 Euro. It contains bleach so if you are cleaning anything else except the loo I really recommend using gloves because this product can really dry out the skin on your hands and not only that but it can also irritate it and make it red.

As the liquid is quite dense it isn’t very easy to use all of it, usually i put the bottle upside down for several minutes before I use it, the angled neck actually makes this process even more difficult because the liquid can remain in the neck. I will buy this product again when I see it on discount but as I don’t use it very often it lasts for more than 2 months now and there’s still some of it left in the bottle. I would recommend it to everyone because it is really easy to use it cleans well and it the price is reasonable. It smells badly but most of toilet cleaning products smell badly so for people who are used to cleaning toilets this won’t be new.

It will free you of those really dangerous toilet germs. Don’t think that this is not important because it is, toilet germd can cause a number of very dangerous diseases.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532002602560528/k2311a0220/2.20.09