Cif Glass and Window Wipes  » Housewares  »
  • In general I don't like cleaning windows because it takes quite some time and it is very difficult to clean them perfectly, usually stripes remain
  • The biggest problem for me is to find an old rag than go to get the glass cleaning liquid and than to start the work and in the and you still have to find another old rag to clean out the watermarks on the windows
  • The price is not all that good, I mean, considering the fact that you get 20 wipes which you can use 20 times the cost of 4 Euro per pack means that you pay 20 cents for each cleaning and you can't really clean 2 windows with them
  • They are quickly to use and you get done with your work quickly but they are also quick to run out off so in economical sense they aren't really convenient
  • Anyway, this product is good for a quick cleaning, specially if you are cleaning windows during the winter but during the hotter days I prefer doing my windows properly

• by lorelai

Cleaning windows can be a very ungrateful job, specially during the winter and when its raining often. In general I don’t like cleaning windows because it takes quite some time and it is very difficult to clean them perfectly, usually stripes remain. When it is cold then you have to leave your windows open so the temperature in the room you are standing in is really low. So I usually clean my windows in spring and in summer but they need cleaning even during winter. Usually I use some kind of liquid and a regular wipe to clean them but in the winter I just want to get over with it as soon as possible. To do that I’ve discovered Cif Glass and Window Wipes.

First I just clean the window with a regular dry whip to take off as much dust as possible and then I use the wipes. The point is that my hands aren’t wet while doing that and during the winter that can be really important. Then sometimes I use a clean wipe again and sometimes I don’t even do that because they don’t leave white marks. Cif Glass and Window Wipes come in a pack of 20. The pack is quite large, it is pale blue and has the usual green Cif logo on it.

On the upper part there’s a seal that you can open o take out the wipe but when you open and seal it back a couple of times it just stops being

sticky so you can’t actually seal it back again. The wipes inside were a big surprise, OK, I must admit that on the pack is written EXTRA LARGE but that’s not really a measure you can immediately know the size of the wipes. I was expecting something bigger than normal but not this big. They are about 15 cm x 40cm big. They are wet but not much, more like moisturized.

They even have a very light lemon fragrance which is quite pleasant while you are using the wipes, specially if you are using them in a closed room. They are quite thick I don’t use these wipes only to clean my windows. You can clean all glass and plastic surfaces with them. I hate when my TV and my computer screen are dirty, and they are real magnets for the dust, also every finger touch is clearly visible on them so you have to clean them all the time. With Cif Glass and Window Wipes that job isn’t all that annoying any more.

These wipes glean even grease but the thing is that you can’t expect them to work the way you see on the commercials, one touch with wipes and all dirty marks are gone…it doesn’t really work that way, it actually takes some time to get the grease off but it in the end the surface you are cleaning is clean. I also use these wipes to clean vases. mirrors and car windows. Actually, when I take one wipe ...

• from the pack I use it until it gets really dirty so if I don’t actually clean my big windows I can clean a bunch of stuff with only one of these wipes. The results are good, I mean, they aren’t perfect but they live up the promise on the pack which is to remove ‘dirt, grime and fingerprints quickly and easily leaving a dazzling shine’ and promise no smearing either.

These wipes are actually a perfect product for lazy people like me. The biggest problem for me is to find an old rag than go to get the glass cleaning liquid and than to start the work and in the and you still have to find another old rag to clean out the watermarks on the windows. While in Cif Glass and Window Wipes you get all those things at once. There’s some alcohol in the wipes so the surface you are using them on gets dry quite fast. The price is not all that good, I mean, considering the fact that you get 20 wipes which you can use 20 times the cost of 4 Euro per pack means that you pay 20 cents for each cleaning and you can’t really clean 2 windows with them.

The other glass cleansers cost much less bt I guess we are paying here for being lazy. They are quickly to use and you get done with your work quickly but they are also quick to run out off so in economical sense

they aren’t really convenient. That’s why I don’t use them very often, when I take out one I try to clean as many windows and surfaces as I can with them and I must admit that all the surfaces shine nicely. Another inconvenience is that the seal is not holding very well so you can’t actually keep these wipes for special occasions only because as the pack is not sealed perfectly they start getting dry after a while so you have to use them in about 1 month time. I am satisfied with the effect of Cif Glass and Window Wipes because they clean nicely and they leave mirrors and glass clean and shiny.

They have a few faults like the seal and the price but I guess that’s the price for having it all in one product. I mean, we are all perfectly able to use the old fashioned cleaning wipe and glass liquid. I would recommend Cif Glass and Window Wipes to people who find cleaning windows to be a very annoying job, like I do and who just don’t want to spend too much time doing it. Another good thing about these wipes is that they are gentle to your hands so you don’t even need gloves when you use them. I have rather sensitive hands and I adore products that are gentle to my skin.

Anyway, this product is good for a quick cleaning, specially if you are cleaning windows during the winter but during the hotter days I prefer doing my windows properly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532002602550528/k2311a0220/2.20.09