Gorilla Tape
  • This has got to be the best general purpose tape ever
  • But, when my rear view mirror broke off(as I was climbing into the driver seat, from the passenger side which was the only door I could get open after a freezing rain)I used Gorilla tape, from the convenient True Value hardware store nearby, to reattach my rear view mirror onto my windshield

• by sandalwood

This has got to be the best general purpose tape ever. It only costs $2-$8, depending on where you buy it.

It’s easy to rip into vertical strips.

It holds anything together, wood, plastic, metal, even at cold temperatures.

I did find, however, that in minus 38 degrees(really I live where it gets that cold) it did not stick to the insulation I was trying to attach to my frozen

pipes, of course, neither did the regular duct tape or foil tape.

But, when my rear view mirror broke off(as I was climbing into the driver seat, from the passenger side which was the only door I could get open after a freezing rain)I used Gorilla tape, from the convenient True Value hardware store nearby, to reattach my rear view mirror onto my windshield.

A few days later, my husband’s ...

• computer chair arm broke off.

So, he pulled out the Gorilla tape and secured it.

That was a month ago, and it’s still holding up to the many hours his 220 pound body pushes on it.

He even did a test, while I was writing this.

The chair arm is securely in place, maybe even stronger than when the chair came out of the factory.

I even use it to

pick up crumbs and dust off the rug.

I only need to use one short strip, and as long as a sticky part is showing, the dust and crumbs come right up! I don’t have to pull out the vacuum for the small mess.

It’s cleaned up in a matter of seconds.

I’m sure I’ll find more uses for this cheap, convenient tape.

I still have half the roll left!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532002602390428/k2311a0220/2.20.09