Kenmore Elite Refrigerator (LG) French Door Bottom Freezer  » Electronics  »
1.0
  • This fact was the reason I paid an extra $300 for this refrigerator over a competitor
  • The first major problem was with the ice dispenser
  • I would not recommend purchasing this refrigerator, it has a lot of bells and whistles but just not worth it

• by GardenOfKnowledge

I purchased this refrigerator new from Sears and was initially very pleased with the purchase. The French Doors do not open too wide, the freezer is wide enough to fit everything and has two additional shelves for boxed items. I also purchased this refrigerator because it had an excellent energy rating claiming to save me money over other models. This fact was the reason I paid an extra $300 for this refrigerator over a competitor. The problems with the refrigerator began early on - it is a very high tech device absolutely requiring you to read the entire manual. If you, your children or a guest accidentally touch any

of the buttons on the front panel - it can throw the entire system off. Your refrigerator suddenly turns into your freezer and visa versa. I am glad that I had the foresight to get the warranty with this product because I have had to call Sears several times. The first major problem was with the ice dispenser. For some reason, it would not close after dispensing ice causing warm air to flow into the refrigerator. This in turn made it impossible for ice to form and despite many attempts at modifying the controls, made the refrigerator warm. When calling to exercise the warranty, I had to ...

• wait one week for someone to come to the house and discover the problem. The second time I had to call, the refrigerator was leaking because the person who installed it (from Sears) did not properly insert the tube into our pipe causing a leak in the basement. The third time I had to call Sears, the line that dispenses water to the refrigerator had a leak, making its way through the floor and into the family room into the basement. A part of my ceiling was missing and Sears claims to have a policy of paying for collateral damage by filing a claim. That has not turned out
        to be the case for us. Finally, I received a letter in the mail that said, quote

“Based on guidance from the Department of Energy about the interpretation of rules for refrigerators, LG…has changed the energy rating on the model of Kenmore Trio that you purchased. The rating for this product now reflects higher energy usage than was indicated by the information on the labels and other materials at the time you made the purchase.”

So the refrigerator is not even as energy efficient as I was led to believe. I would not recommend purchasing this refrigerator, it has a lot of bells and whistles but just not worth it.

Temaleen LaBelle says :

How do you go about re-setting the digital panel? Someone touched my panel and it now says 0 FF above the freezer and fridge portion. My fridge did not come with an owner`s manual. Help

John says :

Unplug the referigerator for about 30 seconds and this should reset the display.

Galega says :

If the display is blank or frozen, you should first try turning the unit off and on again. For this, you will need to get your helper and pull the refrigerator away from the wall. Then, unplug the appliance. Wait sixty seconds and then try to plug it back in did the display refresh?

If the display is still not working, you can try pressing the “LOCK” button on the display. Hold this button down for three seconds. This could make the display turn back on.

joni says :

ice water flap constantly sticks open when used.

Galega says :

You can’t do much in that case. You have to be little bit cautious while putting water in the bin and ensure to not fill it completely. For the time being, Remove the ice storage bin from the freezer and break clumped up ice with your hands.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161902601931028/k2311a0219/2.19.09