Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix
  • I have had several of their mixes and have never had one that I thought was bad
  • It makes a nice moist cake that it is delicious to eat and tastes really good with milk
  • I prefer Betty Crocker mixes to other commercial cake mixes because I think they are moister
  • I would recommend this cake mix to any one looking to buy one

• by snowy

I really like Betty Crocker supermoist cake mix. It is something that is easy to use and is a quality product. I have had several of their mixes and have never had one that I thought was bad. My latest purchase was Betty Crocker Supermoist White cake mix.

It makes a nice moist cake that it is delicious to

eat and tastes really good with milk. It is easy to prepare and has directions on the box for preparing it in a glass pan or a dark pan. It also has directions on the box for how long the cooking time is if you prepare it in rounds pans, square pans, or a 13×9 pan. It also ...

• gives you directions if you want to use this box mix for cupcakes. I used this mix for cupcakes and thought it made excellent cupcakes with a very little effort. I prefer Betty Crocker mixes to other commercial cake mixes because I think they are moister.

The ingredients in the boxed mix are enriched flour, partially hydrogenated soybean and

cottonseed oil, corn syrup, dextrose, propylene gylcol, salt modified corn starch, dicalcium, phosphate, xanthan, gum, soy lethicin and artificial flavors. I’m sure baking a cake from scratch would be healthier but who really has time for that these days. I think Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mixes are a good substitute. I would recommend this cake mix to any one looking to buy one.

Vera Todd says :

I have a box of Betty crocker Super moist chocolate fudge cake mix H720PV121 and a box of Devil`s Food cake mix C411PV221. Can these boxes be used? There is no best by date on the boxes.

nitakb says :

Usually the box date is on the bottom of the box or is stamped somewhere on the top of the box lapel.

Galega says :

They have printed the manufacturing date. And, you can find it clearly written below the bar code that it should be used within 6 months of the date of manufacturing. They have not given a specific best before date, but this indication should be enough for you to judge whether the pack you have should be eaten or not.

As a matter of fact, no edible products can be marketed without best before date.

Debbie Wessell says :

I am wondering how you know a cake mix is outdated. I have 3 cake mixes here in my home that I purchased the other day and cannot tell by the numbers on the top. I am going to send these codes to you and would you let me know how you read them. These are the codes that are on the boxes. J814P13, K8824PV114 and G812PV23. If these are not the expiry date could you tell me where or how I would know if these are a good date or not. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Galega says :

These are batch codes, not expiry date. There isn’t any expiry date printed on the pack. You will just get to know that the product should be used within 6 months of the date of manufacturing. That date is at the bottom of the pack. Check that out.

snowy replies :

Gee, Debbie I really don`t know about that. I think the best thing to do would be to check with the manufacturer. I`m sure they have a website or an 800 number.Check the box for their 800 number. Regards, snowy

Laurie says :

I am wondering if there is an expiry date on cake mixes. I had bought a cake mix last summer and forgot it the cottage and going there last weekend found it. I am wondering if cake mixes have an expiry date? Should I keep it or throw it out?

G M Burton says :

Box cake mixes contain baking soda or baking power. These will lose their ability to cause the bake goods to rise after about a year. There is probably an expiration date on the box. Sometimes you’ll find the date on the bottom of the box. Most likely your cake mix will still be good even if it goes a bit over the suggested best by date.

Galega says :

You will find the date of manufacturing/packing at the bottom of the pack. Now, ensure to use the pack within 6 months of this date. You can also find this information printed on the pack itself - that it should be used within 6 months of manufacturing. That is the expiry date, if you want precise info.

Vera Todd says :

I have 1 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate fudge and 1 box Betty Crocker Super moist Devil`s Food Chocolate cake mix. There is no best by date on them. The Chocolate Fudge has the numbers H720PV121 on the box. The Devil`s Food has C411PV221 on its box. Are these mixes able to be used?

Galega says :

The number you are seeing is batch number. IF you have any problem, this batch number helps the manufacturer to exactly understand the issue. There is date of manufacturing printed on the bottom of the pack. You can use it till six months from that date. There isn’t any expiry or best before date printed, as it has become a sort of industry standard. They just ask users to use it till six months, or till any other date from the date of manufacturing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271902601530928/k2311a0219/2.19.09