The Great Wall of China  » Travel  »
Beijing, China
  • It was more cold than what I experience in Shanghai
  • I was impressed how stiff the bricks that were made

• by ibizaspain

I was excited to visit Beijing for the main reason that it is where the Great Wall is located. It was more cold than what I experience in Shanghai.

From the hotel we drove for about an hour. The Great Wall was situated in the mountains of Beijing. There was a tall Chinese flag at the entrance.The entrance gate has the rotating bars like the ones we use in the train stations. I did not bother to talk to anybody since the personnel does not know how to speak english.

Not all of Great Wall is open to the public. Only selected

areas. I was very determined to walk the area where I was at to have this experience worthwhile. The Great Wall has stairs and has a flat area. In the area where it has some compartments has stairs but mostly it was flat. The stairs were very steep because the Wall was built on mountain ranges so they have to utilized whatever space they had. It was really intense when you ascend the stairs. I was wearing three layers of clothing because it was winter and my hands has gloves. My left hand was holding my digital camera and my ...

• right hand was holding the rails plus the wind is blowing against your face. It was crazy. I would suggest you visit the Great Wall during spring because it you do it during summer, the scorching heat of the sun will ease your excitement and if its winter, your clothes will make you uncomfortable.

There were lots of very irritating vendors at the Great Wall. Sadly they don’t know how to speak english and was very vexatious. They kept in insisting their product which I really don’t need.

The place was also dirty. There were phlegm in some parts

and all the wrappers from candies and the like. There were no tourist personnel to assist people with their concern. Just lots and lots of chinese vendors.

This landmark is very fascinating. I was impressed how stiff the bricks that were made. It was very huge and heavy. It seems that we wanted to walk all of Great Wall but I tell you it is very tedious and the Great Wall is very long. I was exasperated even with that area that I was determine to finish. The view upstairs was very nice. You can see mountain and the whole of Beijing.

The Great Wall of China

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381902600790128/k2311a0219/2.19.09