Shaw Cable Internet
  • I tried everything to fix this problem, including unplugging the modem for a time and then plugging it back in
  • I would in NO way recommend Shaw internet to anyone, especially those not living in a major city
  • Don't waste your money, in my opinion its definitely not worth it

• by BoogerT

My mom has had Shaw cable internet for over a year already. You have to pay for basic cable as well as the internet fees. When she first got her internet, I helped her set it all up and she was happy.

Of course I was living at home then and enjoying the cable tv in my bedroom. But the modem they sent her was obviously not new and had one light almost burnt out which one of their online service techs admitted (about the light being burnt out) when I was calling for help one day.

So that’s two strikes expensive and faulty or used equipment. Then before Christmas this year just past, the internet started working very sporadically.

One minute you’re connected and the next its gone. I tried everything to fix this problem, including unplugging the modem for a time and then plugging it back in.

Nothing actually worked. It was just sort of a lottery whether it would work or not at all.

So I insisted to my mom that she should phone and complain find out what the problem was and request a new modem.

• She tried but after being on hold for 45 minutes several times she gave up.

I emailed their customer service and told them that this was unacceptable and that the problem needed fixed asap! A customer service agent phoned and tried to tell my Dad that service was down all over (for over a month!!!) and that they had it fixed so my mom and dad should not switch their service. I couldn’t believe it! The seriously over priced internet that they could never use because it was never working and the non existent customer service until

I threatened to take their business elsewhere! AND in the end, they never did fix the problem (I still suspect it was the modem being old and worn out).

My mom switched to Bell which is like a third the price for much more reliable service.

I would in NO way recommend Shaw internet to anyone, especially those not living in a major city.

Small towns, while in their service area, apparently rate last. The Shaw Cable Internet is too costly for poor service and unreliability! Don’t waste your money, in my opinion its definitely not worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211902600780128/k2311a0219/2.19.09