Cerelac , baby food
    • Item:Cerelac , baby food By:krishnakomali

When my daughter attained four months, doctor suggested me to give her cerelac rice. I used to give her one spoon daily apart from the milk.

Cerlac is baby

food that can be made instantly at home.

All you need to do is add boiled and then cooled water as suggested on the tin to the cerelac.

Mix well and ...

• feed it to baby.

Cerelac is generally liked by the babies.

It is available in three stages 1,2, and 3 in various flavours like cerelac apple,carrot,honey,rice,wheat,mixed vegetable,spinach, etc.

My baby has taken this

food for 12 months.

I tried all varieties.

my baby is comfortable with this food.

It is available as 1/2 kg and 1 kg tins and refill packets in the market.

This is manufactured by famous company Nestle.

Tanveer Butt says :

My daughter is 16 months old. She take mother`s feed and few food items like chapati , dal , biscuits , juices etc.. Please do advise me if Cerelac baby food is required for her. When she was born she was overwait . But now she her wait is normal. Thanks Regards Tanveer Butt Chandigarh

hi Tanveer,

Your daughter is 16 months old. This is the time when she start to lower dependence on mother’s milk. This is also the time when you should consider giving her some external nutrient supplement.

You can definitely give her Cerelac, even if she is normal.

Ajit D says :

I understood that you were giving informative booklet on baby care food habits etc. I would like to receive the same on address below for my 2 months baby Srushti D 16, Mussoorie, Anushakti Nagar, BARC colony, Soin-Trombay road, Mumbai - 400 094.

Galega says :

This website is not related to Nestle, and hence you are unlikely to get the information booklet after asking for the same from here.

The information booklet is available at many pediatrician clinics throughout India. You should ask about it from any pharmacy shop or from any pediatrician clinic.

RAJANI says :

My daughter is five months old and i started giving cerelac rice . when she eats she develops redness around her mouth and that redness disappears after half an hour . please suggest . is she allergic to cerelac rice . i mix cerelac rice in water.

Rajani,

It is less likely that the child is allergic to rice. It can happen that the child is allergic to milk. Cerelac contains milk. But redness in mouth is not a symptom of that allergy. You can try giving some cereal without milk.

Galega says :

First thing, you should start Cerelac Rice only when your daughter turns six months old.

If she is not taking milk properly, only then you can consider giving Cerelac before six months.

Please ensure that you are giving it to her in very light consistency. After six months of age, you can make it little bit thicker.

The problem with redness might be because of constipation. Do you notice any sign of constipation? If not, you may want to stop Cerelac altogether. Consult a pediatrician for an alternative milk formula.

karen says :

i have been feeding my 7 month baby cerelac for two months now but his pediatrician says i need to start him on other food like rice and dal, suji, etc. we have tried to introduce these foods gradually since the last week but he refuses to swallow any of them and recently has been creating a fuss even when being fed cerelac. what should we do?

Dhanya says :

Your pediatrician is right. It is better to give home food and cereal rather than canned cereal. Cerelac caused gas problem and constipation in my child. Rather give home made food. Give rice, suji upma, broken wheat porridge, arrowroot porridge, ragi porridge etc. Child wont accept any food immediately. Dont give it in hard form. Give along with water. Give a little feed and give water. Gradually child will learn to eat home made food. Child is fussy as you are trying to change food

Muktha says :

my baby is 3 month old i want know whether i can give cerelac to him which one i can give

Muktha

Yes you can start cereal when baby reaches 3 months of age. My son started having cereal when he reached 3 months age. Start with rice, not wheat. Rice is the best first cereal for babies. Rice is easily digestible and soft.

Galega says :

You should not give Cerelac before six months of age. Your baby is only 3 months. It is better to stick with breastfeeding till 6 months. If you are not producing enough milk, you should consult a pediatrician for alternative suggestion regarding suitable baby milk formula.

However, you can give Cerelac at this age in some circumstances. For example, if your baby isn’t digesting milk properly, your doctor may prescribe Cerelac. Or, if your baby is consistently underweight, your doctor may do the same.

In any case, you should not give Cerelac at this age without consulting pediatrician.

uwa amen says :

My baby is 5months today is it good for me to start with cerelac wheat and milk for him

kay says :

Hi Uwa. Cerelac wheat with milk is is recommended for babies 6 months onwards. However not all babies are the same, like my baby he started eating at around 5 months and I fed him cerelac and it did not give him a hard time to poop. Try to see if your baby is ready to eat solid food if it did not make him constipated then you’re baby’s ready.

Galega says :

At this age, you can give Cerelac (or any other solid foods) to your baby only on following two conditions:

- If your baby is unable to digest milk, or not drinking milk

- If your baby is severely underweight.

Ideally, doctors don’t recommend any solid foods before six months of age. If you want to give it to your baby, you need to consult a doctor. You can start it on your own once your baby completes six months.

Jaysha Farveen says :

Now my baby is 5 month old I start giving wheat and honey cerelac for my baby is itis good for health …but she is not going daily motion…is there any problem ..

Galega says :

I think there is a problem in digesting wheat and honey cerelac by your baby. Your baby might have constipation.

Generally, baby below six months of age finds it difficult to digest solids. If your baby is taking milk easily and not underweight, I suggest you to stop Cerelac at least for one month.

wezzie says :

My baby is 4 months old..am supposed to be starting work soon..and am trying to introduce formula milk to my baby..lactogen 1. It seems he does not like it..as such he cries everytime I give him the milk…am worried.Should I give him cerelac number 1?

Galega says :

Before starting Cerelac, or any other solid food before six months of age, you must consult a pediatrician.

It is highly recommended that you don’t give any solid foods before 6 months of age.

However, you can give it when your baby is not taking milk properly (a case with you), or she is underweight. In any case, it will be prudent on your part to consult a doctor.

Jaspreet says :

my daughter is about to complete 5 months of age and I have started with wheat cerealac she has been been fine with it do I still need to consider rice cerealac first do I need to change it

Galega says :

Ideally, solid food should be started only after a baby completes six months of age. It can be given earlier on the recommendation of a pediatrician in certain circumstances, unavailability of breast milk or baby not able to digest any milk formula.

Rice Cerelac is obviously the first solid food that should be introduced. It is easy on the digestive system. Wheat can be introduced later.

I would suggest you to stop giving Cerelac at this stage. Wait for one more month, and then start with Cerelac 1 (Rice). If there is any issue, consult a pediatrician.

mubeena says :

My baby has just started hr 6th month..i strtd giving hr cerelac (wheat n apple)frm past 3days.third day she developed rashes on hands n legs alone..z it bcoz of cerelAc or any othr infections..plz suggest sm remedy

Galega says :

It is hard to say why this has happened. I think a proper diagnosis by a pediatrician is required. Apart from that, I would suggest you to start with Cerelac Rice, not Wheat-Apple. It will be soft for your baby’s stomach. Consulting a pediatrician will also be prudent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54300559990331/k2311a0530/5.30.06