Qantas airlines  » Airlines  »
  • Too be honest I was a little surprised at first when I found out that each passenger does not get own tv in front of them (like SQ flights which only differs in price by not much) and I have to spent 7 hours straight without any entertainments or anything to do whatsoever (I've learned a lesson to take a novel every time or I'll suffocate from boredom)
  • I think it's very inefficient, because while others go shopping and eat while waiting for transit, we have to rush all these check out check ins routines to be able to catch our planned flight on time
  • In short, if you're going to have a long trip and want to have a comfortable one where you can enjoy, then I don't recommend going with Qantas
  • If you don't have any problem with all the rush and no-entertainment in flight thing then it doesn't matter, because other than that, Qantas's services are quite professional

• by Babyville

I have always use Qantas airways to flight back and forth from my home country to Melbourne, but honestly, only for the price and the fact that I can book the flight anytime I want without having to queue in waiting list. Most of the time, I planned my trips from home to Melbourne (for uni) or vice versa in a short time, just because I procrastinate things a lot.

While other thousands of students who have break in similar time are going back home in a planned date, long from

months ago.

Hence, it’s very hard for me too book a ticket, say, of Singapore Airlines few weeks before I wanted to go home in those high-peak dates.

So far I have taken 4 Qantas flight in these last 2 years and I should say that the experiences are not that good.

Too be honest I was a little surprised at first when I found out that each passenger does not get own tv in front of them (like SQ flights which only differs in price by not much) and I have to spent 7 hours straight without any entertainments or anything to do whatsoever (I’ve learned a lesson to take a novel every time or I’ll suffocate from boredom).

Other than that, we got very little spaces too, you get very tired when you sleep because you can’t put your legs in comfortable way.

And the thing that bothered me most is that to be able to reach Melbourne, I have to transit trough Sydney where we have to check out our luggage and take it all the way to domestic ...

• Qantas airlines
      transit and re-check in to the Melbourne flight with very long queues.

I think it’s very inefficient, because while others go shopping and eat while waiting for transit, we have to rush all these check out check ins routines to be able to catch our planned flight on time.

With the very long queues, it’s very usual to have passengers who are late for the flight, which will be casually responded by the crew as: “that’s alright; you can take the next flight because Sydney-Melbourne flight is once in an hour”.

It’s obvious that this happened a lot and they didn’t do anything about it.

In short, if you’re going to have a long trip and want to have a comfortable one where you can enjoy, then I don’t recommend going with Qantas.

If you don’t have any problem with all the rush and no-entertainment in flight thing then it doesn’t matter, because other than that, Qantas’s services are quite professional.

The food is good, the crews are friendly, and while others can only have 20kgs luggage, you get 35kgs limit for luggage!

Qantas airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401702599840528/k2311a0217/2.17.09