Sony PlayStation
  • The only thing I regret about the PSP is that it's screen has a very high resolution, which makes anti-aliasing (smoothing corners) in 3-D games nearly impossible, moreover, small text is hard to read as well
  • The battery life won't disappoint you, but I recommend you to play it without battery when using it at home, for increased battery efficiency

• by AJ Rox

Their is not enough competition in Portable Gaming Consoles, so the straight choice for me was the PSP 2000, casually known as the PSP Slim and Lite.

This console was perfect for me, as I am usually traveling here and there and need to carry my music and videos with me. But the PSP adds more excitement to my travels with all the gaming action. A 4 GB Memory stick was enough for me to store some 200 songs along with 3 movies in this Portable Entertainment Console of mine. The only thing I regret about the PSP

is that it’s screen has a very high resolution, which makes anti-aliasing (smoothing corners) in 3-D games nearly impossible, moreover, small text is hard to read as well.

But the PSP is one device powerful enough to run advanced games and moreover, the navigation is pretty nice. It’s no trouble navigating through 200 songs, and viewing pictures is easy as well. Then there are animation every now and then, from changing your song to viewing a slideshow, the firmware views an animation. The PSP logo at the back looks classy as well, so that when you are playing ...

• in front of a crowd, the people know what you have your hands on, one cool thing to show-off for sure. Another mind blowing feature is the WLAN feature. Now this allows you to wirelessly play games with your friends who own a PSP as well, and also you can browse multi-content websites with it. The flash support adds a lot of interactivity in webpages. I personally loved the fact that you do not need a battery to use it. I usually use the PSP by removing the battery and just plugging in the charger instead.

You

will love navigating through the menus and changing themes in it, as much as I do. The battery life won’t disappoint you, but I recommend you to play it without battery when using it at home, for increased battery efficiency. Buttons are nicely placed, and the shoulder buttons are as good as invisible. Lots of accessories make the Sony PSP even more valuable, and as for me, it rocks to the core. I usually use the gaming feature, but Music, Pictures, Videos and Internet make useful additions as well. As per my view, the multi-player gaming is the most enjoyable.

Sony PlayStation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281702599810528/k2311a0217/2.17.09