Garnier Fructise Sleek and Shine Hairspray
  • I'm glad I gave this a try and will probably continue to use it until I can afford my salon brands again, but I've definitely used a lot better

• by thislimehasnojuice

Garnier Fructise has just come out with a new type of hairspray called Sleek and Shine and claims to be humidity resistant. I normally buy the expensive $20/bottle salon brand hairsprays. We’re slightly low on money these days and trying to conserve, so for the first time in almost ten years I shopped for hairspray at Walmart!

I was tempted to try a

$2 bottle of Suave or Finesse haispray, but then the Fructise caught my eye. Supposedly this hairspray gives you shine and hold and humidity resistance.

I tried it for the first time today. I felt like it smelled slightly ‘cheap’ and made my hair feel sort of scratchy? My favorite hairspray is a light hold one made by Aveda, so I guess ...

• that’s what I was comparing it to. It’s not very humid right now, so I don’t know how helpful this is when it comes to resisting humidity.

When it comes to giving shine, I would gives this a five out of ten. It gave more of a wet look than a shine, and it made my hair feel slightly hard and crunchy

in spots.

At the end of the day, my hair feels rough and scratchy and sticky and tangly…not soft and styled like with more expensive brands. I’m glad I gave this a try and will probably continue to use it until I can afford my salon brands again, but I’ve definitely used a lot better.

You get what you pay for with hairspray I guess!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311602599610528/k2311a0216/2.16.09