Claritin 10 mg
  • As a person that is severly allergic to just about everything out there (dust, hair, pet fur, flowers, and strong smells), I think Claritin is the medication that can do it all
  • Claritin is the overwhelming the best medication for me when I know that I will be exposed to strong smells, pet fur, spicy foods, and seafoods
  • Also, I LOVE that I do not have any side effects that are usually associated with allergy medications

• by JackieO

As a person that is severly allergic to just about everything out there (dust, hair, pet fur, flowers, and strong smells), I think Claritin is the medication that can do it all! Even the 10 mg dose!

Claritin is one of the new over the counter medications that is available for people with allergies like Zyrtec. The promotional campaign is focused on helping with indoor and outdoor allergies.

However, I only know how it works for me. I have taken Claritin in two types of incidences: to preempt problems and to help mitigate allergic reactions that have just begun.

and seafoods. I only have mild allergies to all those things as all those irritants only give me a headache and stuffy nose. I hate the headaches because it makes my head feel fuzzy. Claritin defintely helps that! Just last night, I stepped into an apartment that was burning smelly candles AND had a cat. Normally, I wouldn’t be able to stay in that room for more than 10 minutes! But, after popping in a Claritin, I had instant relief.

My real concern with Claritin is that I’m not sure how efficacious it is if I had super severe allergies (like people with peanut allergies or life-threatening shellfish ones) and if I didn’t mentally already believe that it works. Supposedly, it ...

• takes at least 15 minutes to work so I think it’s hard to believe there is instanteous relief!

It does work better if I take it in advance of knowing that there will be irritants because that’s when I don’t feel any symptoms at all. It really is a good medication for very small allergies.

Also, I LOVE that I do not have any side effects that are usually associated with allergy medications. I don’t get tired, lethargic, or feel hazy. I also am still able to function and drink alcohol. It’s also easy to swallow since the pill itself is really super small. This is important because there will be weeks in which I pop one almost everyday and I don’t

feel any different.

If you buy the huge pack from Costco, then you can do what I do which is keep a sleeve of pills everywhere like at work, in my purse, and my home.

Claritin really is a good medication for very very mild allergies and if you plan to take it often and reptitively. I also think it’s great for someone who uses it to preempt symptoms, not mitigate them. Then again, I still think Alegra (a prescription allergy medication) is the best allergy medication on the market because it will help with severe allergies but be mild and gentle like a Claritin. But, it’s expensive and it’s prescription.

But, Claritin is a good go-to medication for daily use. Definitely pretty good!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261602599400428/k2311a0216/2.16.09