C Level Restaurant San Diego  » Restaurants  »
880 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92107
  • My husband and I have enjoyed several romatic dinners here and we are never disappointed
  • It is a little over priced, but you are paying more for the experience and location than the food itself, and overall, it is worth it
  • The best thing on the menu is the lobster truffle mac and cheese
  • The fries are amazing, and they offer a nice twist compared to traditional french fries
  • The wait staff are very attentive, and last time we were there I noticed that my water glass was never more than half empty before it was refilled

• by Liz Evans

This restaurant has a spectacular view! My husband and I have enjoyed several romatic dinners here and we are never disappointed. C Level sits right across the harbor from downtown San Diego, so if you go at night you get a gorgeous glimpse of the downtown lights and skyline. There is an outdoor patio (covered and heated), which is better than the indoor seating as

far as the view and atmosphere is concerned. Every table is a good table, so you really can’t go wrong.

The food here is very good, but not GREAT. It is a little over priced, but you are paying more for the experience and location than the food itself, and overall, it is worth it. The best thing on the menu is the lobster truffle ...

• mac and cheese. It is so rich and decadent that it could be shared between three or four people as a side dish or appetizer. The seared ahi sandwhich is also really good, and it comes with sweet potato fries. The fries are amazing, and they offer a nice twist compared to traditional french fries. They are sweet and tangy, with that great fried
        crunch.

The service here has always been excellent. The wait staff are very attentive, and last time we were there I noticed that my water glass was never more than half empty before it was refilled. It is nice, when you are paying a little more than average for a meal, to have great service.

Bottom line: This is a great restaurant for special occasions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71602598730328/k2311a0216/2.16.09