Sony PlayStation  » Games  »
  • I love video games and frequent the local arcades in my country
  • The Sony Playstation was made to be an interesting light grey colour, contained space for only two player game controllers and two memory card slots located above where you'd plug in the game controllers
  • My Sony Playstation console served me well over the years and I had never had a problem with it
  • I decided to explore this feature and it played the music from the disc on the television set
  • I have to say that my Sony Playstation console has held up well since I bought it over 5 years ago

• by RJR

When the Sony Playstation console came out it was the hottest thing out there! Everyone just had to have one of these Sony PlayStation consoles and that included myself. I love video games and frequent the local arcades in my country. This was like a revolutionary thing for all us gamers out there and we could now own games which we would go to the arcade to play.

Well when I acquired my Sony Playstation console I had also decided that I would purchase most of the accessories needed to go with my new Sony Playstation console.

These accessories included game controllers, memory cards, TV adapter, and whatever else I felt I needed. Of course I also indulged in lots of CD’s with contained games for the Sony Playstation on them.

The Sony Playstation was

made to be an interesting light grey colour, contained space for only two player game controllers and two memory card slots located above where you’d plug in the game controllers. All other outlets were at the back, which were basically to plug it into the electrical wall outlet and television adapter.

These slots were located at the front of the Sony Playstation console and the console itself was made to be laid flat like a rectangular box rather than stand like up like the CPU tower of a computer.

The power button was conveniently made really large and was located on the left hand side of the Sony Playstation console at the top. The middle had a raised circular “lid” which is what would open up for you to put the game disc into.

Inside the raised circular lid you could easily see the lens which was there to read the contents included on the inserted disc. There was also a reset button (which was small and located above the power button of the console) for if your game CD sticks or freezes. The start up is nice and brief if you ask me, just displaying their Sony logo and Sony Playstation logo quickly before it starts to load your game disc.

You need to remember to sometimes clean your discs and the lens located inside of the raised “lid” because not doing so sometimes caused the game CD’s to not load and such. But you need to clean the lens with the proper products and in the proper way otherwise you’d be in trouble.

My Sony Playstation ...

• Sony PlayStation
      console served me well over the years and I had never had a problem with it. I have even moved a couple of times and transporting it and plugging it in and out of the television set seemed to do no harm to the Sony Playstation console wiring or anything of the sort. I don’t remember if the Sony Playstation console I owned ever fell. I highly doubt it so I cannot comment on something of that nature.

I was very delighted when I soon learned (by accident mind you) that my Sony Playstation console could also play music CD’s. I inserted a music CD into the console one day and a screen appeared with options to play the music CD. I decided to explore this feature and it played the music from the

disc on the television set.

I still have my Sony Playstation console to this very day. I honestly don’t find myself playing with it too much these days. It just sorta sits there on the shelf under the television set. But anytime I hook it up, it still works its magic just as the day I first bought it. I had some good times challenging friends and even my dad with this. Kept away boredom at times and I set goals for myself with some of the games. Always fun.

I have to say that my Sony Playstation console has held up well since I bought it over 5 years ago! and it was well worth to buy one of these Sony Playstation consoles. I am very happy I never had problems with it.

Sony PlayStation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281402598400628/k2311a0214/2.14.09