Xenda - Albendazole Chewable Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • Every six months or so I like to take a bit of medicine to clean out my intestinal system of potentially harmful intestinal parasites or worms
  • Although I regularly use apple cider vinegar to help keep my intestines a place where these parasites won't get to breed I still sometimes take some over the counter medicine to help combat this problem cause I regularly indulge in sweets and rich desserts
  • Well, I usually take a medicine called Zentel Suspension when this time comes around but this time around I couldn't fork out the money to pay for that particular brand and asked the druggist about the different brands available and which they would recommend
  • I decided to try one of these chewable tablets though and it is recommended that you take it after you eat a meal
  • I took a while to take it after I bought it because I was not accustomed to using this product and the side effects listed scared me a bit

• by RJR

Every six months or so I like to take a bit of medicine to clean out my intestinal system of potentially harmful intestinal parasites or worms. Although I regularly use apple cider vinegar to help keep my intestines a place where these parasites won’t get to breed I still sometimes take some over the counter medicine to help combat this problem cause I regularly indulge in sweets and rich desserts.

Well, I usually take a medicine called Zentel Suspension when this time comes around but this time around I couldn’t fork out the money to pay for that particular brand and asked the druggist

about the different brands available and which they would recommend. Surprisingly she recommended something called Xenda - Albendazole Chewable Tablets (which is something I had never heard about before then) and it was considerably cheaper which is what made me hesitant to buy it.

I decided to try one of these chewable tablets though and it is recommended that you take it after you eat a meal. Xenda - Albendazole Chewable Tablets only comes with one in the package which in itself is a single dose. The chewable tablet is about an eighth of an inch in thickness and is a light blue type ...

• colour. It does not have a bad taste either but is actually like chewing on a mint because this is the flavour it contained. I chewed it thoroughly and swallowed it.

In the package there was a paper with detailed descriptions of what Xenda - Albendazole Chewable Tablets are supposed to do, how to take it, when it is recommended and not recommended, drug interactions, if you need to consult your doctor (if you need to take more than just one dose they recommend that you consult your doctor first) and of course the side effects it may have on you.

I have to

admit. I took a while to take it after I bought it because I was not accustomed to using this product and the side effects listed scared me a bit. But after reading on it was only with long term usage that these side effects where valid for (for example if you need to use more than one does consistently or every few days)

Xenda - Albendazole Chewable Tablets seemed to have worked well because after a few days passed I felt an overall improvement. So it must have flushed out a couple parasites that were still thriving which weren’t supposed to be there.

Achudhan.S says :

Could u say me the side effects of Xenda tablets and when it is applicable?

John says :

The side effects will vary depending on the person. Here they are: “stomach pain
    nausea, vomiting”.

Galega says :

If you will follow the prescription and advise of your doctor and take Xenda daily at the same time, it may not cause any side effects. Here is the list of possible side effects (which are common):

stomach pain
    nausea
    vomiting
    headache
    dizziness
    reversible hair loss

There may be other side effect also like sudden weakness. If you find something uncomfortable after taking Albendazole, contact your doctor immediately.

naresh says :

is it good against worms

Galega says :

Yes, it is quite good against stomach worms. In fact, it is considered the most potent medical weapon against stomach worms.

k suresh says :

Is it recommended for children of around 8 years of age?

John says :

Yes, it’s safe for children and adults over 2.

Galega says :

Yes, it is quite safe for children.

However, please note that you must give it to your baby after consulting a pediatrician. The dose is different for different disease. As you might know, other than stomach worms, Xenda (albendazole) is prescribed for lots of other stomach issues.

usha k says :

what if i swallow the tablet without chewing?

John says :

Of course the tablet will dissolve over time, but it will take longer to become effective.

Galega says :

This tablet is supposed to be chewed, not swallowed with water. The effectiveness might get compromised if you swallow the tablet. You may also feel little bit of gastrointestinal issues.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261402598210628/k2311a0214/2.14.09