Nature’s Pride Yellow Split Peas
  • The problem with some split peas is how long it may take to boil or get soft
  • The reason I like Nature's Pride Yellow Split Peas is because of this same reason
  • I generally don't find this happening in the other brand of split peas I bought before but it does take longer to cook which is a downside
  • So I would recommend Nature's Pride Yellow Split Peas if you are looking to save on cooking time

• by RJR

Nature’s Pride Yellow Split Peas are a packaged dry type of pea which can be used in soups or to make regular split peas to go over rice with another dish such as stewed chicken to add extra flavour and nutrition to a meal.

The problem with some split peas is how long it may take to boil or get soft. This can sometimes range from

anywhere around one hour or even two hours for yellow split peas that are very hard.

The reason I like Nature’s Pride Yellow Split Peas is because of this same reason. It on;y takes about 1 1/2 hours at most to finish boiling and in fact if this already split pea begins to split on it’s own in about an hours time I can start to ...

• scoop it out and blend up half while leaving the other half to finish boiling thoroughly.

My only problem with Nature’s Pride Yellow Split Peas is the husk it has when the package of split peas has reached it’s end. I generally don’t find this happening in the other brand of split peas I bought before but it does take longer to cook which is a

downside.

So I would recommend Nature’s Pride Yellow Split Peas if you are looking to save on cooking time. Taste will depend solely on how you prepare it. As for when you get to the end of the package. Just pour it out in a bowl of water and let all the husk float to the top and take it off the top before cooking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271402598190628/k2311a0214/2.14.09