Orient Express  » Travel  »
Victoria Station London UK
  • Recently we Lyndsey and I were bought a experience present of a trip on the Orient Express through the English Garden county of Kent
  • Once we moved off from Victoria station I found that the actual journey was much like that of a normal train it wasn't any less comfy or uncomfortable
  • I didn't see any mishaps when the food and drink were being served and considering how bumpy the trip was at times that is quite amazing, I guess the stewards are used to the bumps and bends so they just adjust accordingly without thinking about it
  • I would love to take Lyndsey back aboard one of the days for another trip maybe even one of that takes in an overnight an a trip abroad but I guess that would cost quite a bit of money, but she is worth it

• by Steveradders

Recently we Lyndsey and I were bought a experience present of a trip on the Orient Express through the English Garden county of Kent. The trip lasted for around four hours where we were served a five course fine dinning menu while we made are way around the garden of England.

The trip started out from Victoria Station in London where you arrive in a reception area that is done out in the style of the train itself and is luxurious. The staff that greet you are very friendly and helpful and we boarded the train at around eleven twenty. The train we had was the British Pullman

train.

When we got on board the steward showed us to our table which was in one of the dinning cars where we received a glass of champagne and some canapés while everyone was boarding. Once we moved off from Victoria station I found that the actual journey was much like that of a normal train it wasn’t any less comfy or uncomfortable. Inside the carriage was very elegant and everyone was dressed in suites and elegant dresses for the ladies.

The tables were laid out as if you were in a very high class restaurant and the stewards were there making sure that you had everything you needed.

• The menu was a set menu which was nicely presented and when the different course came and went they were very nice. They were all cooked with what tasted like the freshest ingredients and cooked to the highest off standards. The service from the stewards was first rate and we didn’t have to wait for anything. I didn’t see any mishaps when the food and drink were being served and considering how bumpy the trip was at times that is quite amazing, I guess the stewards are used to the bumps and bends so they just adjust accordingly without thinking about it.

Overall we had a lovely day

trip out on the training winding our way through some lovely scenery and experiencing a great meal in the process with some wonderful service in some very elegant surroundings. It is well worth the money for a trip on the Orient Express and I have since looked at the web site to see what other trips they do and there are loads throughout the year. I would love to take Lyndsey back aboard one of the days for another trip maybe even one of that takes in an overnight an a trip abroad but I guess that would cost quite a bit of money, but she is worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381402597710528/k2311a0214/2.14.09