Woolley Edge Service Area  » Travel  »
M1 Junction 38 to 39
  • Food wise there is a good choice you can either have a Burger King which is what I like to do as I know what I'm getting and I do think there burgers taste great or you can eat at the Moto own brand restaurant called fresh express
  • Overall I think these services are ok nothing special but there are far worse out there

• by Steveradders

When travelling north on the M One motorway in the UK I often stop at the Woolley Edge services. The services are located between junctions thirty eight and thirty nine. The service station is operated by Moto who are one of the bigger service station operators in the UK. From the outside the services look ok and the car park is usually clean and there are always spaces.

Inside the services are quite old but still well looked after, I normally find that they are quite clean and tidy but occasionally I have found that some parts of the services have been in need of a clean mainly due to graffiti or litter

being dropped.

These services are also very good if you are travelling with kids during the better weather anyway as there is a playground for them that is fenced in so no worries about the kids running on to the car park. There is also a picnic area there if you have bought your own food or if you want to eat outside.

Food wise there is a good choice you can either have a Burger King which is what I like to do as I know what I’m getting and I do think there burgers taste great or you can eat at the Moto own brand restaurant called fresh express. The fresh express is ...

• ok nothing special the food is ok sometimes its good other times it can be rather luke warm depending how long it has been standing there.

If you are after sandwiches then you can get some nice ones from Marks and Spencer’s simply food or from the W H Smith shop. Marks and Spencer’s also offer food to take home and cook which can be good if you are running late and don’t want to make a meal when you get home.

The facilities here are ok the toilets sometimes look like they need a good cleaning other times they do look ok, I guess it is the number of people that use them against

how often the cleaners can be bothered to do a proper clean rather than just glance round.

The petrol station here is an ESSO one and can be quite expensive compared to local stations. So if you can either fill up before you get on the motorway or come of at one of the junctions and find a local services to fill up at.

There are also cash points here but they do charge for transactions so gain use them as a last resort only.

Overall I think these services are ok nothing special but there are far worse out there. They are ok to stop and use and I do when I go up that way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381402597630528/k2311a0214/2.14.09