Orofar-L Oral Antiseptic  » Medicine  »
  • I thought I had dengue so I rushed to the hospital so I can have the proper diagnosis of what my illness was
  • The pain I experience whenever I swallow saliva or food was gone after a day

• by ibizaspain

I was hospitalized before when I had this recurring fever. I thought I had dengue so I rushed to the hospital so I can have the proper diagnosis of what my illness was. Well the doctor found out that my tonsils were infected. They saw a puss in it and they admitted me for 4 days

and tons of antibiotics were administered.

One of the routines the doctor advised me was to gargle Orofar-L every after four hours for 30 seconds. So after I ate and after I brush my teeth, I gargle Orofar-L. The pain I experience whenever I swallow saliva or food was gone after a day. And there was also ...

• improvement to my tonsil infection.

This product is also good for pharyngitis, laryngitis, sore throat, stomatitis, aphthae and gingivitis. Now, everytime I will experience that my tonsils are infected, I immediately gargle Orofar-L. And after several gargles, my throat is clear and im feeling well. This gargle also gives you a fresh breath scent. My morning

breath is totally tonic and clean. Because I have a sweet tooth, I often eat Lindt chocolates and sweet beverage from Starbucks. Right now I don”t have to worry about having my tonsils infected because I always gargle Orofar-L after. With Orofar-L, I can always prevent what has happened before and my breath is clean and fresh.

arvin says :

i have a tonsil infection too. im just wondering if i should mix it with water wenever i use it or just gargle it purely as it is? 1 tablespoon aftermeal right?

ibizaspain replies :

ARVIN: you should gargle Orofar in concentrated form, do not dilute it with water.

me.glenrose says :

You should gargle or rinse your mouth for 30-60 seconds with 15-20 mL of undiluted solution, so you should not combine it with water. Just use it twice daily, and make sure not to swallow it. Children can also use this but the dose should be reduced.

vida says :

I see that a few replies are that you should not dilute it, but I take an equal quantity of filter water, and add some salt too to it along with the antiseptic .

gio says :

what is the generic name of orofar-l

me.glenrose says :

It is Benzoxonium Chloride and Lidocaine Hydrochloride.

sergio aguila says :

I have wrong procedure of using orofar L solution its too late because I already swallowed all the amount I have instead of only to gargle it, I am worried, what is the possible side effect and will be happen to my health after this???
    Thank you.

Galega says :

It happens with many users. Even those users who religiously gargle it, swallow some amount of Orofar - L.

Don’t worry. It will not harm you. However, don’t expect it to work because the procedure was wrong.

Roman says :

re : The pain I experience whenever I swallow saliva or food was gone after a day
    Having sore throat pain for 4 days and this Orofar spray is totally, 100%, completely….USELESS.
    Much better just take a pain relieving tablet.

Galega says :

Orofar - L is a very good antiseptic widely prescribed for treating throat infection. However, depending on the underlying medical condition and the nature of infection, Orofar - L may not be sufficient medicines. If it doesn’t give results within 2 - 3 days, you should discontinue it and consult a doctor.

Cecille says :

good day, I would like to ask what the possible effect if the orofar oral antiseptic accidentally drink 10ml of it. Thank you.

ibizaspain replies :

Good day Cecille. The generic name of Orofar is Benzoxonium Chloride and Lidocaine Hydrochloride. The former is a disinfectant. Hence, it is like swallowing any other disinfectants. We know the adverse effects of swallowing this. The latter though is an ingredient used for anesthesia. This kind of liquid should not be orally administered except for some medical procedures authorized by physicians. There is no warning though as to induce a patient to vomit if this is accidentally drink however there is a caution as well that this should not be swallowed. I hope this helps…If there are some pain or irregularities that is experienced as a result of the accidental drinking, please consult a physician.

aira says :

What are the side effects of orofar-L?

me.glenrose says :

The only side effect that is visible when you use this product is the reversible brown coloration on tongue teeth, but it’s not permanent though.

Galega says :

You may feel some side effects of Orofar-L. However, these side effects generally go away on their own within two weeks. Following are some side effects of Orofar - L:

- Isolated cases of skin rashes (mild and in some cases severe).

- You may feel mild irritation in the area where you have applied it.

- As mentioned above, short term brown coloration of tongue and teeth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261302597190728/k2311a0213/2.13.09