Sacha Inchi Oil Omega-3 Supplement
  • I decided to try some of this raw cold-pressed oil when I found it at my natural foods store
  • The problem for me basically comes down to getting a whopping spoonful of thick raw oil down my throat
  • I think I got a little carried away with the from the wild Amazon to you imagery on the store display or I would have read the label more carefully
  • The perfect balance between the omegas is found in hemp oil, which is expensive, delicious, and hard to find

• by InfoShorts

Sacha Inchi Oil is a certified organic oil made from a wild seed which grows in Peru. It contains the highest concentrate of Omega 3 of any oil — almost 50% — plus Omega-6, Omega-9, vitamin E and amino acids. I was looking for an Omega-3 supplement that would be an alternative to fish oil (eeew! the awful burps) or flaxseed oil (which must be meticulously refrigerated or it becomes rancid and useless.) Omega-3 is essential for skin, hair, nerves and more. I decided to try some of this raw cold-pressed oil when I found it at my natural foods store.

The problem for me basically comes down

to getting a whopping spoonful of thick raw oil down my throat. My doctor always takes her flax oil this way because she says you can’t tell, when taking a capsule, whether it has gone rancid or not. She’s a braver woman than I am. Oil makes me gag, even stirred into orange juice and chugged. The good news about Sacha Inchi is that you need less, and that it doesn’t have to be refrigerated, so it isn’t nearly as thick. The bad news is that it is still oil, and it doesn’t even come in the option of capsules. I did make some up ...

• into salad oil, with balsamic vinegar and lots of herbs. That tasted pretty good, but at the price, I cringed to see any left on my plate!

I also didn’t like to see how much Omega-6 is in this oil. Americans typically get lots of Omega-6, since it’s present in grain-finished beef. For most of us, the problem is getting enough Omega-3 and getting the proper balance between total intake of Omega-3 and Omega-6. So it’s not really a plus that Sacha Inchi is also high in Omega-6. I think I got a little carried away with the “from the wild Amazon to you” imagery

on the store display or I would have read the label more carefully.

The perfect balance between the omegas is found in hemp oil, which is expensive, delicious, and hard to find. (And if you haven’t heard of hemp oil before, no, it’s not from the marijuana plant and it won’t get you high, even though the government regulates commercial production of anything even remotely related to hemp.) Hemp oil tastes faintly like pine nuts, is delicious on salad, and bearable on a spoon. It’s also very fragile, so again you have to keep it refrigerated, but overall I think hemp oil is the best choice for an omega-acid supplement.

Jacqui Dunal says :

I have tried Sacha Inchi soft gel caps for the past 2 years and have managed to correct a few problems in my body. No, we don`t take enough Omega-6 in our daily diets unless we eat beef every day. For those of us who do not eat a lot of beef that is not a good statement. Sacha Inchi Omega-3 soft gel caps is the best product on the market. The Incas used it for centuries for a number of reasons and kept their bodies in excellent shape including their complection which is something that the present-day cosmetics industry is finally looking into. I tend to break a capsule of Sacha Inchi oil and put it on my face as a treatment and I see amazing results. Food for thought Also the oil looses its Omega-3 potency after 30 days so the only solution is to take a gel cap. Thank you for reading my e-mail.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341302597040728/k2311a0213/2.13.09