Lacoste Pour Homme Cologne  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • Needless to say, however, it's distinctly inferior

• by mrigpat
      I liked this fragrance much better the first time I wore it when it was called “Allure. ” There is a suspiciously strong resemblance here to Allure homme (Chanel 1999).

Accidental, I’m sure.

[Rolls eyes] Lacoste is not as elegant, not as refined, not as sexy

and powdery-sweet as Allure (and certainly not as long-lasting), but it has enough obvious similarities, to come across as a kind of cheaper impostor of Chanel’s terrific fragrance.

Needless to say, however, it’s distinctly inferior.

It’s like, I’ve never understood the purpose of musical groups ...

• doing covers of songs by the Beatles.

What’s the point of that? They’re never going to sound as good as the original, so why bother? Hearing the cover/remake only makes me want to go listen to the original.

Same concept here with Lacoste.

I put

it on, I smell it — then I immediately want to wash it off, and reach for some Allure.

If Allure didn’t exist, I might give this an “Average,” maybe an “Average Plus” (nahhhh).

But I gotta say, hey! Next time try coming up with something original.

Lacoste Pour Homme Cologne

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56290559630531/k2311a0529/5.29.06