Hukad sa Golden Cowrie ( Terraces, Ayala Mall Cebu City )  » Restaurants  »
2.0
The Terraces, Ayala Mall, Cebu City Philippines
  • I thought the food will not be that tasty but it was
  • Even if I was enjoying the menu, I will also regard my experience with some distaste

• by ibizaspain

I met some buddies from college. We decided to have dinner at Hukad. This restaurant shares the same management from that branch in SM Cebu. We opted this place because they serve traditional filipino cuisine.

The prices were very cheap. I thought the food will not be that tasty but it was. The cripsy pata was so delicious. They also have this “dinuguan”, it is a filipino dish made up of internal

parts of a pig. This viand was so delicious. I really like it. What I also like about this restaurant is the feature that they have unlimited rice. Their rice is lightly flavored with jasmine.

Even if I was enjoying the menu, I will also regard my experience with some distaste. First, there were no available seats. We were waiting outside for more than 15 minutes. Secondly, it took more than ...

• 20 minutes before your order will arrive. We were already starving to death at that time and it was only aggravated by our disgust over the delay. Third, the waiter was not knowledgeable with the menu. He was amateur I can tell from his face. Fourth, the plates were so small so I had difficulty eating.Fifth, the restroom was unisex. It is a total mark down for me if this
        is so. People who wants to use it were accumulated outside. Lastly, when we asked for our bill, it took more than 25 minutes before we got it.

Over all I would say, food tastes good but service sucks. I hope they can improve on the latter because no matter how good your food is but if your service is bad, the luscious taste will never be compensated by the frustrations.

lil lampong says :

what is your contact number?

MEV says :

Hi Lil,

You can contact them at this number
    Lahug 233-4243 233-4670
    Robinsons Cybergate 236-5740
    Mactan 236-1206

Jessel Faith Catarinen says :

Can you send me the prices of your foods? Im planning to celebrate my birthday in your restaurant.

MEV says :

Hi Jessel,

Since your planning to celebrate your birthday at Golden Cowrie, contact their numbers below and inquire

Lahug 233-4243 233-4670
    Robinsons Cybergate 236-5740
    Mactan 236-1206

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71302596070528/k2311a0213/2.13.09