7 Ways to Stretch Your Marketing Budget by Pam Newman
  • I thought the first item on the checklist to use free publicity was a great tip, but I wish she would have shown some examples
  • It leaves me and probably other readers wondering if it is just word of mouth publicity, business cards, business directories, etc. I think if examples were shown it would have been icing on the cake

• by C. Channing

“7 Ways to Stretch Your Marketing Budget” by Pam Newman is an article for businesses looking to create cost effective marketing. As an accountant, she says she has seen many businesses spend lots of money on high end, expensive marketing to see nothing in return; therefore, she created a checklist for businesses who are looking to create a consumer base without breaking the bank.

I liked the fact this article was written by an accountant instead of a marketing planner because she has seen the books first hand and she knows what really works and

what doesn’t. I thought the first item on the checklist to use free publicity was a great tip, but I wish she would have shown some examples. It leaves me and probably other readers wondering if it is just word of mouth publicity, business cards, business directories, etc. I think if examples were shown it would have been icing on the cake.

Speaking at local organizations was also a good tip for me, but I would have liked more information on how to go about getting in contact with local organizations: Do I show up ...

• out of the blue or make a phone call or send a request in writing? It is still a good tip as far as I’m concerned, but from a professional stand point, I would have liked to know how to go about it so I can make a great first impression. There was also another tip I was confused about which was write articles for newspapers and websites. I wasn’t sure if I’m suppose to write articles on the industry I’m in or about my business solely.

I did find the rest of the tips

to be helpful: partner with others and network. I heard about partnering with others helps you receive free advertising so I was glad when she mentioned it in this article. Networking is definitely a must; although, I would have liked to see a list of great networking sites other then the obvious: MySpace and Facebook.

Overall, it was a good article with a lot of tips; although, the tips were not as elaborate as I would have liked them to be, I still found them useful to my marketing plan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 391302595960528/k2311a0213/2.13.09