Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash  » Health  »
  • I bought the product and decided to follow the instructions on the back and apply the cream twice a day
  • Out of all the creams that I've ever used, this is definitely the best smelling cream
  • The smell of the cream is the first thing anyone would notice, and the people at Neutrogena definitely tried their best to make this one a hit
  • The smell is a mix of green tea and cucumbers, offering an interesting smell that actually relaxed me as I was applying it to the skin
  • I would not recommend the product to those with sensitive skin, since the active ingredient in the cream is 2% Salicylic Acid, which is relatively strong and is classified as Maximum Strength by other brands like Stridex's pads

• by Rhino

As a 19 year-old plagued by the dreaded occasional (and usually recurring) face pimples and zits, I was recently looking for a lotion, cream, or wash that would show results without breaking the bank. I came across Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash, a new face cream from Neutrogena that features a 6 Oz. white and orange plastic tube filled with a green cream that promises to “treat acne even before it emerges.” I bought the product and decided to follow the instructions on the back and apply the cream twice a day.

Out of all the creams that I’ve ever used, this is definitely the best smelling cream. The smell of the cream is the first thing anyone would notice, and the people

at Neutrogena definitely tried their best to make this one a hit. The smell is a mix of green tea and cucumbers, offering an interesting smell that actually relaxed me as I was applying it to the skin. The cream itself was very soft, unlike some messy ones that I’ve used before. The cream dries very quickly and doesn’t leave any oily streaks or shiny spots after its application, which was a big plus.

When it comes to results, Neutrogena’s Power Cream and its pledge that the cream treats acne and stops it from emerging might be a bit off. The same acne that I was trying to treat remained in its original size and appearance, but instead felt a little smoother. After ...

• using the cream for a week, some acne appeared to go away, but then some appeared in areas where it was not present before, indicating that the cream’s promise to treat acne before it emerged was false.

The packaging, which is an upside down tube, posed a serious problem. For some reason, after every squeeze of cream, the edges of the plastic hole collect a bit of the green cream, which hardens within a day if it is not cleaned. So since I usually have to apply the cream and run to school or work, I never have time to clean the cap. This leads to a hardened, green, but pleasantly smelling mass to collect around the hole. This issue might be a problem

for some people who like the products to be as clean as possible.

I would recommend the product to people suffering from puberty acne and those plagued by small, hard pimples. The cream seems to be very effective at softening pimples, rather than getting rid of them, which might be a benefit for some. Those suffering from more serious acne that can be found throughout the entire face should consider a different product, especially since Neutrogena fell short on its promise to treat acne before it emerged. I would not recommend the product to those with sensitive skin, since the active ingredient in the cream is 2% Salicylic Acid, which is relatively strong and is classified as “Maximum Strength” by other brands like Stridex’s pads.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341202595260628/k2311a0212/2.12.09