Red Lobster Midtown Omaha  » Restaurants  »
330 S. 72nd St., Omaha, NE 68114
  • We came away pleased with the food but somewhat disappointed in the service
  • I thought it was a fairly small building, though, and the tables were a little bit crammed together
  • I like most of Red Lobster's shrimp deals and this was no exception
  • As always, I enjoyed their complimentary biscuits and ate well more than my share
  • I would recommend this Red Lobster location despite the few service problems we encountered

• by idabear46

I visited this Red Lobster location on 72nd Street near Crossroads Mall in Omaha for dinner on a Sunday evening in Novem 2008 while in town on business with co-workers. We came away pleased with the food but somewhat disappointed in the service.

The building was typical of a Red Lobster. That is not to say it was either bad or good, it was just what you would expect from one of this chain restaurant. There was all the usual ocean faring and fishing decor. I thought it was a fairly small building, though, and the tables

were a little bit crammed together. But again, that is not all that unusual for most of these chain restaurants. The building may be starting to show a little wear from age but there was not really any problems. There appeared to be plenty of parking, though admittedly it was not very busy when we went there.

As I stated earlier, the service was a little disappointing. We went with a party of six and the hostess acted like she had never seen a party this large and did not know what to do with us. So ...

• it took us a little longer to be seated than seemed necessary given that there were not very many people there. Other than that the service was average, not great but not terribly slow or inattentive either. They did mess up the salad order for one of person in our party who asked for no tomatoes or onions but got both. We did not see this as too terrible of an error since he could easily pick them off, plus the rest of the meals brought out were correct.

The food was very good. Everyone in our

party was pleased with their order. I had a wood-fire grilled lobster shrimp and scallops dish and thought it was very good. I like most of Red Lobster’s shrimp deals and this was no exception. My co-workers also enjoyed their meals. As always, I enjoyed their complimentary biscuits and ate well more than my share.

I would recommend this Red Lobster location despite the few service problems we encountered. Just keep in mind that it is a Red Lobster, nothing more extravagant than that. Do not expect the service to be perfect but the food should be good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71202595090628/k2311a0212/2.12.09