A Beginner’s Guide to Short-Term Trading (2nd Edition) by Toni Turner  » Finance  »
  • The first few tries were not successful because I bought stocks blindly
  • After some pondering, I decided to purchase the book
  • I highly recommend this book if you want to gain profits and minimize losses through short-term trading

• by RYS

Some months ago, I started to invest in the stock market. This was a completely new thing for me and I went along without any guidance whatsoever. The first few tries were not successful because I bought stocks blindly. I knew that I need to understand the basic and logic behind stock trading. I started to read some articles from the internet and tried to find books about this topic.

Since the beginning, I was interested to try short-term trading because I need steady profits from the market. Long-term trading does not work well for me because I will not receive any income until I sell the stocks a few years later. Then I stumbled upon a book that sparked great interest to me. It

was called “A Beginner’s Guide to Short-Term Trading”. This was exactly what I really needed. After some pondering, I decided to purchase the book.

It was a right decision. The book has helped me a lot to understand the behavior of the stock market. It provides a simple guideline on what you need to do to gain profits from the stock market within 3 days to 3 weeks. It starts with a little bit history and some basic knowledge about the stock market. It tells you how the market works and it teaches you about the frame of mind that you should have before you invest in the stock market. It discuss briefly about fundamental analysis or knowledge that you should know for long-term trading.

• It provides several interesting resources where you can learn more about this fundamental analysis as well.

After this point, the book is getting interesting because it discusses the things that are really important in short-term trading. It explains the foundation of technical analysis, which is extremely important in short-term trading. I learnt a lot about charting basics from this segment as well. It was interesting to find out how these different charts can give me indication whether the market will go up or down. I also learnt about trends and how to interpret them. Afterwards, the book discusses about additional indicators that will act as further information so you can determine whether you should buy or sell stocks. The most important thing in the

book is the quick guideline that you need to follow if you want to gain profits and minimize your risk in the stock market.

Furthermore, the book discusses about money management and what you need to do in every market situation, whether you should buy, sell, or stay on the line and waiting. This has been a valuable book for me. It gives me a strong foundation so I can invest wisely in the stock market. I highly recommend this book if you want to gain profits and minimize losses through short-term trading. Toni Turner uses simple words and terms in her book and it can be easily understood by everyone. She provides a lot of examples so you can learn from the real market movement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 421102594751028/k2311a0211/2.11.09