Burn After Reading  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I had great expectations but I must say, right here at the beginning, and I got disappointed
  • I've noticed that lately it became very popular to write about everything without saying anything, senseless life and similar not very optimistic stuff

• by lorelai

Burn after reading is a 2008 movie of the Coen brothers. I had great expectations but I must say, right here at the beginning, and I got disappointed. First of all when I saw the list of actors; George Clooney, John Malkovich, Frances McDormand, Brad Pitt and the rest of the crew I was expecting a master piece.

I’ve noticed that lately it became very popular to write about everything without saying anything, senseless life and similar not very optimistic stuff. Well this movie is a leader in that category.

There’s

this woman Linda who wants to find a man and she thinks she needs plastic surgeries because she thinks she looks old. The insurance doesn’t cover does kind a surgeries and when her associate Chad (Brad Pitt) finds a CD with important information of one agency, they decide to blackmail the man who lost the CD in order to make the money for the surgery.

But they don’t know that the CD doesn’t hold important information but just a biography of and CIA agent Osbourne who got fired from his job,

• the agent is played buy John Malcolvich. In the world where everybody cheats on everybody, Linda meets Harry (George Clooney) who although married has a number of lovers among them Osbourns wife.

In the end Brad Pitt gets killed in a very stupid situation when he brakes into the Osbourn’s house where his wife is having sex with Harry. Harry, when left alone, hears something in the wardrobe opens it and shots Chad, without thinking.

As I am used to movies where everybody shoots but bullets kill just very bad and

not important cast members that scene was quite a shock for me. All in all most of people get killed or arrested and in order to cover up the whole thing CIA decides to pay for Linda’s surgeries in exchange for her silence.

THE END. I really didn’t like the movie although I liked Brad Pitts acting because he plays a role of a very stupid younger man and he really looks young and stupid.

Cloony, on the other hand, looks really old and he is so skinny that he seems to be sick.

Burn After Reading

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111102594701028/k2311a0211/2.11.09