Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling  » Books  »
  • Harry Potter is a great hero, and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is the best villain ever

• by eych

I’ve been into reading since I was about six or seven years old and we all know that old habits die hard. I remember reading anything from pocketbooks (like Sweet Valley, the Unicorn Club, The Baby-sitters Club) to cookbooks to kiddie books.

But among all the books I read as a child, I loved Harry Potter the most. By now, we all

probably know that Harry Potter is a boy who lived in a cupboard most of his life until he got a letter that suggested that people knew where he lived. That letter changed everything.

J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, did a great job in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. The novel is funny, witty, magical, adventurous, and ...

• even scary - enough to raise goosebumps on little kids.

Harry Potter is a great hero, and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is the best villain ever. The characters in this book are all lovable, good or bad. The only thing I didn’t like about this book is the typographical errors. Of course, I’ve only read the Scholastic publication, and typographical errors aren’t eaxctly J.K. Rowling’s

fault.

If Rowling hadn’t written this book, the worldwide book phenomenon that is the Harry Potter series would never have existed. Book one was released in 1997 and loyal fans are not so young anymore, but trust me, we all still read this book every time we feel like taking a fun-filled ride into the world of imagination coming to life (also known as reading).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171102594451028/k2311a0211/2.11.09