Crysis Warhead (PC)
  • I bought Crysis Warhead at my local Best Buy for a surprisingly cheap price of $25
  • Overall, If you have a good computer, and feel like a fanstastic cinematic experience filled with mindless and chaotic violence, $25 is worth the asking price

• by warking55

I bought Crysis Warhead at my local Best Buy for a surprisingly cheap price of $25. I had heard that this game’s predecessor was fantastic so I chose to try checking this new addition to the series.

Before I begin I’d like to warn all readers that unless you have a powerful computer, Crysis Warhead will not run well. I am not going to post the exact hardware specifics but they are available on the game’s official website.

In Crysis Warhead, you play as Sgt. Sykes whose ship is downed on an Island

while spying on a Korean military base. You begin the gameplay trying to sabotage Korean bases, destroying Korean troops, and basically using the nanosuit to cause butt-kicking havoc. However the storyline changes when aliens invade the island and basically coat the entire tropical landscape with ice.

Your nano-suit allows you to become invisible, move quickly, become stronger, and become more resistant to enemy fire.

Because of these perks, the games levels are never usually played the same way, and I often times found my self going back to levels to sneak around instead ...

• of rushing into the battle, guns blazing.

The graphics of this game are no joke, honest to god, incredible. The grass waves in the wind, the water splashes onto the shore and reflects beautifully, and its fascinating to watch your muscles tighten as you jump.

However, there are some flaws with this other wise perfect game.

1. The game is short.

It took me about 6 hours to beat the how game on medium difficulty, however I did find myself replaying levels for fun.

2. The AI is not very smart.

The enemy Korean soldiers are

ridiculously stupid. I ran up to one soldier, picked him up, and dropped him into the ocean. Even though he was in water only about 5 feet deep, he began to doggie paddle in place and stare at me, while repeating things like, “There he is!” or “I will kill you!”

3. Computer Strain.

I ran Crysis on a top notch, powerful computer and I still had trouble with the frame rate.

Overall, If you have a good computer, and feel like a fanstastic cinematic experience filled with mindless and chaotic violence, $25 is worth the asking price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281002594281128/k2311a0210/2.10.09