Edgewater Casino  » Casino  »
311-750 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, BC V6B 5E7‎
  • Casinos are establishments which I try not to frequent too regularly for obvious reasons, but when I do, I only try to go to the best, since winning money (or more frequently, losing it) might as well be done at a nice establishment surrounded by decent people
  • When it came to using the slots, I found them to be quite loose, and I actually made a decent amount of money playing them

• by MachoSasquatcho

Casinos are establishments which I try not to frequent too regularly for obvious reasons, but when I do, I only try to go to the best, since winning money (or more frequently, losing it) might as well be done at a nice establishment surrounded by decent people. Edgewater can be summed up as “decent”.

The layout of Edgewater Casino is such

that the slot machines take precedent (visually speaking) over the table games, at least from the entrance angle. I imagine this is something to do with the lighting, as with many other establishments, which makes the slot machines seem more prominent. When it came to using the slots, I found them to be quite loose, and I actually made a ...

• decent amount of money playing them. Like most other casinos, Edgewater has a lot of elderly people plugged into the slots 24/7, thus creating a somewhat depressing atmosphere.

The table games seemed VERY tight compared to many others places I’ve been in, though this could have been simply my bad luck. The blackjack and poker dealers seemed very kind though, and

one in particular was quite charismatic and was joking with many of the players, which I found atypical, but pleasant nonetheless.

One additional thing I’d like to comment on are the sculptures they have in the building. I’m not sure the artist’s name, I have forgotten it, but they are absolutely gorgeous and add quite a bit of class to the establishment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 481002594231128/k2311a0210/2.10.09