British Airways  » Airlines  »
  • I thought it is warm maybe because the pilots hadn't started up the aircraft engine
  • I think there was some problems with the air-conditioning of the old aircraft
  • I understand that purchasing new aircrafts cost a hell lot of money but I still think British Airways should purchase new ones otherwise they may lose their customers

• by nzlem

I only flew with them once. I made the booking through Qantas website. I was going to book a Qantas flight but turned out that Qantas has partnership with British Airways so some of the flights now are actually operated by British Airways.

The aircraft was an old 747 or 777, not so sure of the aircraft model. Anyway, when I stepped my foot

into the aircraft, I immediately felt the heat inside the aircraft. It was unbelievably warm, maybe I should say HOT. I thought it is warm maybe because the pilots hadn’t started up the aircraft engine. 10 to 15 minutes later, after all the passengers boarded the aircraft, the air-cond was turned on, I could tell by the noise produced by a typical air-cond.

• However, I did not feel any changes to the temperature in the aircraft, it was still hot like before. The temperature was still the same even after we took off. I felt so uncomfortable that I couldn’t wait any longer to reach my the destination and get off the aircraft. I saw many people fanning themselves with magazines. Luckily the temperature cooled down
        a little after an hour or so. I think there was some problems with the air-conditioning of the old aircraft. I understand that purchasing new aircrafts cost a hell lot of money but I still think British Airways should purchase new ones otherwise they may lose their customers.

That was the one thing I’m not satisfied with British Airways, other services provided by them were good.

British Airways

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401002593811028/k2311a0210/2.10.09