RIM OEM Blackberry Bold Skin  » Phones  »
  • I decided that I needed a Blackberry Bold Skin because I discovered that if you drop the Blackberry Bold, the metallic sides dent and chip really easily
  • I have to admit that is the first thing that impressed me

• by JackieO

I decided that I needed a Blackberry Bold Skin because I discovered that if you drop the Blackberry Bold, the metallic sides dent and chip really easily. If you keep it in the OEM special carrying case, that’s fine but it’s so easy to drop the phone while using it.

The official RIM OEM Blackberry Bold skin is made of a nice rubber that is smooth (not sticky or grainy) to the touch. I have to admit that is the

first thing that impressed me. It felt like a thick human skin and now my phone wont slide everywhere like it did when it had a naked leather backing.

Another feature I really like is that the “lip” or sides of the skin come up completely over the phone. It doesn’t slip and it covers exactly the metal parts. But, it is also beveled inwards so I can easily clean the screen too without having to take the skin ...

• off.

The jack holes for the charger, camera, and other random holes are also beveled but deeper. This makes it easy to still plug in a charger without having to take off the skin. I feel like whoever designed it knew that a user doesn’t want to take on/off the skin all the time. Also, there is a nice cut at the top of the skin to still see the lights that flash for messages/emails.

I’m also impressed

that it’s only $1.76 on Amazon…At that price, it might as well be free.

My only complaint is that once you use the skin, you can no longer use the OEM carrying case with clip on. I wasn’t fond of carrying the clip on case but I don’t always have pockets to carry my phone in. Also, I liked how the phone would “shut down” when place in the case so now I use a lot more battery power than before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371002593661028/k2311a0210/2.10.09