Shu Uemura Basic Mascara
  • She Uemura basic mascara is the best mascara I have found that will maintain the curl
  • It's very light and is a deep black color (I don't like the grey-black mascaras)

• by JackieO

Finding the perfect mascara can be difficult because different formulations that will “lengthen” will not also “curl.”

As an Asian girl with short lashes, I wanted a mascara that would primarily keep the curl in my lashes and secondarily, make them look thicker. It was explained to me that mascaras that lengthen the lashes with fibers are too heavy to

maintain curl so I could not expect a mascara to also lengthen if I wanted curl.

She Uemura basic mascara is the best mascara I have found that will maintain the curl. It’s very light and is a deep black color (I don’t like the grey-black mascaras). I have used it now for 3 years and my lashes will ...

• stay curled all day. My lashes will also appear to be thicker as well (but not by a lot). It’s also easy to wash off.

Here’s what the She Uemura mascara wont do: It’s not waterproof so it has no staying power whatsoever. This is a big pain if you are an active person who sweats a lot.

Also, it will not lengthen your lashes or make them shiny.

I do think that the She Uemura mascara is at a very high price point ($27 at Sephora) but it’s worth it because it’s hard to find a good mascara that will keep the curl. Of course, it works even better after having used the She Uemura eyelash curler.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311002593640128/k2311a0210/2.10.09