Wall-E  » Movies  »
  • It's those wide eyes I think, whether it's curiosity or sadness, his emotions are right there
  • I agree it does become a different movie, and it probably would've worked fine had they stayed on Earth the entire time with no human presence at all
  • I found it just as enjoyable in space as I did on Earth
  • It would've been interesting if Pixar had manned up and kept Wall-E mindwiped at the end instead of going the safe route and having him come back
  • I don't normally recommend blind buying, as I'm uncomfortable with it myself

• by David Finniss

Pixar’s always done great work. Even with their already high bar, they raised it with Wall-E. Not only did they raise it, they did it with only half a script.

I kid you not, the first half of this film is practically dialogue free. When I heard this, I was worried that it would be like the beginning of 2001 with the monkeys (a half hour? really?). On the contrary, it’s rather brilliant. There’s a clear story and you really connect with the title character because he’s so freakin adorable. It’s those wide eyes I think, whether it’s curiosity or sadness, his emotions are

right there.

I’m sure you’re all familiar with the plot. Wall-E is a garbage collecting robot, the last of his kind. Man has rendered the Earth so dirty that it’s uninhabitable so they flee in a giant space resort until it’s habitable again.

Wall-E’s only companion is a small cockroach. He spends his days collecting garbage, compacting it, and organizing it in tower high piles. While doing this he collects various knick knacks like a Rubik’s cube and a spork.

A lot of reviews I read say that the last half of this movie is inferior. I agree it does ...

• become a different movie, and it probably would’ve worked fine had they stayed on Earth the entire time with no human presence at all. I found it just as enjoyable in space as I did on Earth.

It would’ve been interesting if Pixar had manned up and kept Wall-E mindwiped at the end instead of going the safe route and having him come back. My generation had Old Yeller and that dog episode of Futurama. Kids today need a tragic character who’s ending rips their heart in two.

This movie is spectacular in every way conceivable. It has been nominated

for “Best Animated Feature” but I believe it should also have been nominated for “Best Feature”. I haven’t seen the films nominated but I will go out on a limb and say that Wall-E is better. It’s a great family film. It’s a great date movie. There is really nothing bad that can be said about this movie.

I don’t normally recommend blind buying, as I’m uncomfortable with it myself. Trust me, this movie is worth buying even if you haven’t seen it. You don’t need to rent it first and make sure, just go out and buy it. You won’t be disappointed.

Wall-E

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111002593581228/k2311a0210/2.10.09