Lunesta  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • As a chronic insomniac, I am rather unfortunately, somewhat of an expert on sleep medications and insomnia in general
  • I rarely take medication for insomnia, but I definitely will not be taking Lunesta again

• by coloradochik

I have tried Lunesta several times recently and am very unhappy with this medication. As a chronic insomniac, I am rather unfortunately, somewhat of an expert on sleep medications and insomnia in general. I have tried many different sleep medications off and on. I have to say, for me, Lunesta is

the worst sleep medication I have ever used. I have tried Lunesta on four separate occasions with disastrous results.

Lunesta advertises that it quiets racing thoughts, thereby allowing the person to go to sleep. That was certainly not my experience. I do have racing thoughts sometimes as part of my ...

• insomnia, but on the nights I tried Lunesta, I felt I had more racing thoughts and actually did not really sleep at all. In addition, I was very restless physically, which is not normal for me. It was an awful experience.

I am the type of insomniac who falls asleep easily, but I

only sleep a couple of hours then I am awake the rest of the night. Perhaps Lunesta would work well for some other type of sleep disorder, but for me it is much worse than taking no medication at all. I rarely take medication for insomnia, but I definitely will not be taking Lunesta again.

Lunesta

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261002593571228/k2311a0210/2.10.09