Dish Network  » Satellite services  »
  • During the summer we had a strange solar issue that caused the signal to cut out at any given time
  • The problem with that logic was we could not receive these channels, even with a behemoth of an antennae that should have picked up signals from China

• by katie95

I absolutely love Dish Network and this is why.

Television is big in my household. That is why we have satellite service as long as we have lived at our current residence. We live in a very rural area, so rural in fact that cable services are not offered in our location. Therefore, before the moving truck was fully unloaded I was on the phone ordering service from DirecTV. They were offering an excellent deal at

the time so we opted to go with them. Big mistake.

We had nothing but trouble from DirecTV until the day we ended service. First, weather was a big factor. First rain drop and bam! We lost the signal. During the summer we had a strange “solar” issue that caused the signal to cut out at any given time. And the most serious of infractions, they would not offer the Big Three channels.

• Apparently they would not offer services for ABC, CBC, or NBC for areas that they believed should be in a reception area for a local affiliate. The problem with that logic was we could not receive these channels, even with a behemoth of an antennae that should have picked up signals from China. No matter how many ways we tried to explain this to them, they still refused to budge.

We then changed to Dish Network and it has

been wonderful. They are cheaper, offer much better service, and yes, I got my Big Three. I only had to explain the situation once and instantly service was provided. We only have issues with weather when it is coming a virtual downpour and not the first “solar” problem has occurred. Most importantly, their customer service department has been great. I have no complaints about my Dish Network choice and plan to be a customer for a long time to come.

Dish Network

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 231002593131228/k2311a0210/2.10.09