SOG PowerLock  » Housewares  »
  • I bought my PowerLock, which is a multi-tools squeezed into a package, which actually works like a swiss army knife, at a military store at a very affordable price
  • I am very impressed by the handiness of this tool
  • I bring this tool out with me most of the time as i enjoy a lot of camping trips

• by Finny

The SOG PowerLock claims to be one of the worlds leading multi-tools. I bought my PowerLock, which is a multi-tools squeezed into a package, which actually works like a swiss army knife, at a military store at a very affordable price.

When i opened up every tools in the PowerLock, i am quite surprised to find out that there is actually eighteen tools available right in my own palm. The biggest tool, which is

readily available when you twist open the PowerLock is the pliers. I shall now list down all the available tools so you readers will know which are the tools included that you might or might not need.

The PowerLock itself includes two different kind of pliers. The two pliers are the needle nose pliers and the regular pliers. I myself will use the needle nose pliers most of the time as i handle smaller equipments such as fishing hooks, nails etc. For the regular pliers, it just like your ordinary pliers. There is also a Grippers underneath the pliers.

Two wire cutters. The normal wire cutter and the hard wire cutter to cut tougher wire like brass or die hard cast wire, the thicker kind. Two crimpers at your disposal too, blasting cap and electrical. These are very useful, as it is quite hard to get yourself a ...

• SOG PowerLock
      nice pair of crimpers, not to mention that the PowerLock comes with two of them.

For the lower part of this handy tool, there’s a 9″ ruler, reamer, wire stripper, large screw driver, bottle opener, medium screw driver, can opener, small screw driver, phillips screwdriver, wood saw and a serrated knife blade. This whole PowerLock tool comes in a full locking components which means that you will have lesser chances of injuring yourself which

working with this tool.

I am very impressed by the handiness of this tool. At a very affordable price, i managed to own this multi-tools set, with a variety of field options accessible in my pocket. I bring this tool out with me most of the time as i enjoy a lot of camping trips. But on the other hand, multi-tools are not designed to replace full-size tools. Hope this will helps you to make a better decision.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53802592601028/k2311a028/2.8.09