Samsung PS42A457P1D 42″ Plasma TV  » Electronics  »
  • I bought this TV for £509 about 2 weeks ago
  • Overall, I think this is great value for money, and although there are better TVs on the market, this is pretty unbeatable in it's price range

• by magillsurveys

I bought this TV for £509 about 2 weeks ago. It seems very good value for a 42inch TV.

I used it for watching football this weekend and made use of the ’sports mode’ which is a feature.

This is meant to make fast images easier to look at, and it certainly looked brighter and sharper than some TVs I’ve seen sport on, which sometimes leave trails when

the action is very fast.

I’m not sure exactly how it works, but it looks cool.

There is also meant to be a feature on it that reduces flare and reflection from daylight.

To be honest, I didn’t notice that much of a difference from my previous TV, which was a Sony Bravia.

I generally don’t have a lot of light coming into my living room though, so ...

• I would have to test it more thouroughly to give a full verdict.

On the back it is very connectable, with plenty of scart and HDMI connections.

I have used it with a Blu Ray player and the picture was really good, very sharp.

The preset modes are pretty good, such as the sports mode and the entertainment mode, and I have had a little play with

customising these to tailor my own tastes and it is looking very good.

The speakers aren’t great, but I put the sound though an amp and have it into my stereo system and sounds top notch.

Overall, I think this is great value for money, and although there are better TVs on the market, this is pretty unbeatable in it’s price range.

Very well built too and looks very stylish.

Great design.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16802592571028/k2311a028/2.8.09