Sony Walkman Digital Tuning Weather FM/AM Stereo Cassette Player  » Electronics  »
  • One problem with this player is the AM and FM stations do not seem to work reliably

• by GenesisOne

I received this as a gift for my birthday and it was a gift that I was not expecting. While I do enjoy listening to music, I do not live off of it like some people do.

This is a pretty sharp looking cassette player though that also happens to double as a radio and it can even tell me the weather.

The digital LCD is nice for lack of a better word: it

is clear and easy to read even if it is dark outside.

The buttons on the cassette player are nice sized and easy to find, so handling the player is very simple.

I have a whole box of cassettes of my own plus store bought ones, so I have plenty of listening material! What is really impressive is the battery life.

I can listen to music for thirty-five hours without needing to insert a ...

• new battery! Is that something or what? Usually electronics devour batteries pretty gosh darn fast, but not this electronic! As for the cassette audio quality, it is not as good as that found on CDs or downloaded music files on a computer, but that is to be expected.

It is fine, really, my enjoyment of the music is not watered down simply because the songs do not sound quite as good as I sometimes

hear them.

One problem with this player is the AM and FM stations do not seem to work reliably.

Sometimes I can get some stations, other times those same stations are not available.

That is why I mainly use this cassette player for just that: to play cassettes.

These things are becoming harder and harder to find nowadays, but this one does seem to be a pretty good one if you still have cassettes to play.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16802592110228/k2311a028/2.8.09