Peninsula Plaza , Singapore  » Shopping  »
Coleman Street , Singapore.
  • I enjoyed walking around on each floor, browsing and window-shopping

• by Mark Williams

There are a number of shopping malls in Singapore. I have been to some of them during my visits to Singapore.

This recent visit, my friend took me to one I have not been to , rather unique in some ways too.

The name of the shopping mall was Peninsula Plaza, on Coleman Street.

It was located in a fairly busy district of the City, a multi-storied building, six floors, if I remember correctly.

I enjoyed walking around on each floor, browsing and window-shopping.

What very much astonished me, and what made the mall unique too, was that just about all the shops there were Myanmar shops, Myanmar people ...

• selling products from Myanmar.

One might even want to call it a “Myanmar Mall”.

It was pretty crowded.

The shops were not big shops like one would see in the malls in North America.

The shops were small, mostly family owned businesses.

That was again quite unique.

If any tourists would like to buy products from Myanmar, textiles, arts and crafts, lacquer-wares, books and magazines, preserved food products, and more, Peninsula Plaza would be the perfect place.

The shop-owners and the sales staff were very courteous and friendly, greeting visitors with all smiles.

I really enjoyed dropping by at the shops and also buying Myanmar souvenirs for my colleagues back home.

RAZEENA says :

what is the address type of peninsula plaza? landed property? or condominium or hdb hudc?

John says :

It’s a commercial property. Here’s the address: Peninsula Plaza, 111 North Bridge Road, 179098 Singapore

Mark Williams replies :

The address type of Peninsula Plaza would be Shopping Centre .

Marg says :

The address is: 111 North Bridge Road, Singapore 179098. You can also confirm here with the map:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24802592080228/k2311a028/2.8.09