Magnavox Progresive Scan DVD Recorder, MWR10D6  » Electronics  »
  • Other than that, I am certainly happy with this purchase and I recommend it to any person that is ready to move beyond VHS for good

• by GenesisOne

Recently, I purchased my first DVD recorder. I had been wanting to make the changeover from recording on VHS tapes to recording on DVDs, but DVD recorders are just now coming down to an affordable level, at least for me.

Setting up the recorder was just as easy as setting up a VHS player.

Recording on a DVD is slightly

different from recording on a VHS tape, but I within a couple of hours I had developed a level of comfort, so I would say the learning curve for this recorder is pretty low.

As for the recording material, it came out very nice.

The picture didn’t even look like it was a recorded one, and the audio played without ...

• any background noise that I sometimes got with certain VCR units.

Fast forward and rewinding is a lot quicker with DVDs as opposed to VHS tapes and I no longer have any fear of old tapes being torn up in the machine - now I no longer have a need or a desire for VHS tapes! My only complaint is

the remote.

The buttons are really small and sometimes it is difficult to just hit one at a time.

I wish the buttons would have been made a bit bigger and spaced out better.

Other than that, I am certainly happy with this purchase and I recommend it to any person that is ready to move beyond VHS for good.

captainpcard says :

what is the model and p n for the remote

John says :

This is the model number for a replacement remote: RTNA471UD

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16702591951228/k2311a027/2.7.09