Olympus DS-30 Digital Voice Recorder
0.5
  • I looked and looked in the instructional booklet and yet I cannot find anywhere where it states that I need to do this or how I go about doing it, so suffice to say I was pretty confused until I found out certain things by call the tech support department
  • I do not recommend this digital voice recorder to any person no matter what he or she might want it for

• by GenesisOne

I did not like the Olympus DS-30 Digital Voice Recorder for a couple of reasons. First of all, it seems that every time I want to use the recorder, I need to reformat it.

Apparently that is the only way of removing audio from the recorder.

Reformatting is a pain as it takes time and at first there’s no indication that it needs to be done! I looked and looked in the instructional

booklet and yet I cannot find anywhere where it states that I need to do this or how I go about doing it, so suffice to say I was pretty confused until I found out certain things by call the tech support department.

I also do not like how I cannot go back and record over mistakes that I made or if I am trying to record something off of the computer or ...

• at an event and need to go back and record over, I cannot.

There is not an option for this for who knows what reason.

That is like a standard feature that should be on this recorder, but apparently the designers believed that everyone that would use this recorder would speak perfectly and never make a mistake or there would never be any interruptions at an event.

I also do not like how

bulky this recorder is as it really feels awkward in my pocket when I am not using it.

Overall, the only thing I was moderately happy about with this product was the sound quality, but that alone was not reason enough for me to keep it.

I returned it and happily so.

I do not recommend this digital voice recorder to any person no matter what he or she might want it for.

Manoj Singh says :

Pl. let me the cost of Sony ICD-P620 Voice Recorder Digital and address of supplier in India.

Galega says :

You can get it from any Sony Center spread throughout India. You can also buy it from Amazon India or Flipkart websites. Currently, it is priced at Rs. 2100.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16602591350128/k2311a026/2.6.09