Kuerig B60 Single Serve Coffee Maker  » Housewares  »
  • After talking to several of my friends who had bought them and looking online for information about them, I ended up going back to my brother to tell him that I thought he should get a Kuerig B60 single serve pot
  • I like to be able to brew an average size cup at home and a larger one to take in a travel mug when I'm on my way out
  • The Pod coffee makers were interesting but I could never get past the fact that I always had to buy pods for it and couldn't just use regular coffee if I wanted
  • This solved that problem while not taking away from the one cup design
  • I often think about buying one of these because I think that would be neat to have to offer to company especially

• by KeeperoftheChaos

Last winter, my brother got talking to me about pod coffee makers. He asked if I had one and I did not. He was thinking of getting one and wanted to know if I had a preference for one in particular. I told him I would look into them and talk with friends and see what I could find out.

After talking to several of my friends who had bought them and looking online for information about them, I ended up going back to my brother to tell him that I thought he should get a Kuerig B60 single serve pot. It’s not a pod coffee maker, but a single serve coffee maker. Well imagine my surprise when he went off to the store and not only bought one but came home for one for me as well. I was shocked!

Both my brother and I are very big on coffee being hot and fresh. We are not the type to brew a pot and then nurse it all day when it gets that

old taste to it and isn’t nice and freshly brewed anymore. We also like coffee very hot as I mentioned and that just doesn’t happen with most home coffee pots.

So we take our Kuerig single serve coffee makers in and take them out of the box. The reason the coffee from a pod or single serve maker comes out so hot is because they are high wattage. The Kuerig that I picked out has 1500 Watts of power. Believe me, the coffee is hot!

This single serve coffee maker works with what they call Kcups which are like mini cones. They stay fresh longer because they aren’t exposed to moisture, light or oxygen. Perfect coffee is the result. Another nice feature is that you can remove the water resevoir to fill it. That is so much nicer than having to fill up a pot and dump it to the line in the back of a regular coffee maker.

You get a choice of three different cup sizes and that’s a nice feature.

• I like to be able to brew an average size cup at home and a larger one to take in a travel mug when I’m on my way out. Also it has a switch to go between scalding hot and just hot coffee. Most of the time, I go for the higher heat setting.

So the only down side if there is one is that you can’t make a whole pot of coffee for when you have company. However, most anyone that visits knows about these one cup systems and why everyone likes them. I usually keep several flavors of coffee around and when the guests come over, I can ask them what kind they want and in a matter of seconds, seriously, less than a minute per cup.

The Kuerig pot even looks nice! It’s got a stainless and black finish and clean up is such a breeze. This is like the happy medium I wanted between a regular coffee pot and a pod coffee pot. I can even use my

own coffee in the K-cup filters if I want. You can’t do that with a pod coffee maker. The Pod coffee makers were interesting but I could never get past the fact that I always had to buy pods for it and couldn’t just use regular coffee if I wanted. This solved that problem while not taking away from the one cup design. I’m thrilled with my Kuerig B60 and it cost my brother $150 which he says was worth the money.

If you do like to try different coffees, the Kuerig company has a fantastic selection of different flavors of coffee. They sell this revolving rack type thing that looks like a spice rack only it has flavored coffees. I often think about buying one of these because I think that would be neat to have to offer to company especially.

You are not even just limited to making coffee with your Kuerig. You can make Hot cocoa or tea of any kind. It really is a very versatile piece of equipment and I’m thrilled to own it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53502590331228/k2311a025/2.5.09