Tuxton Fondue Set  » Housewares  »
  • I thought it looked like so much fun and he seemed to be using some modern updated Fondue pots that I didn't even know existed
  • They had others that were better made, better names and bigger price tags, but I figured if I enjoyed making Fondue and used it often enough, I could always upgrade later
  • There is a cast iron one that looks interesting and I also saw an all stainless one that looked sturdy as well, but both of these were substantially more expensive than this Tuxton one that I bought for $40
  • I think if you're not entirely sure you'll use this a lot or if you only want it for once in awhile, the Tuxton model that I bought with the Lazy Susan and accouterment dishes would be just fine and fit your needs no problem

• by KeeperoftheChaos

I hadn’t been to a Fondue party since the 70’s and then I was watching the Food TV network one afternoon. Emeril Lagasse was doing a show on different types of Fondue cooking that you could do. He had meats with a Teriyaki dipping sauce. He had fruits with a chocolate dipping sauce and he also had a cheese fondue with all sorts of things to dip in it.

I thought it looked like so much fun and he seemed to be using some modern updated Fondue pots that I didn’t even know existed. So I started looking around trying to find a good one that had everything that I wanted it to have.

One thing that was important to me was having the little accouterment dishes on

a lazy susan tray around the Fondue pot. Emeril had not only cooked the meats over the Terriyaki in the fondue pot, but then had various dipping sauces in the little dishes around it. I could think of all sorts of uses for the little dishes on the lazy susan tray.

So I finally settled on one made by Tuxton and it is a stainless steel one with the lazy susan and accouterment dishes. It also comes with the Fondue forks and a nice recipe book as well. On first glance, I wasn’t thrilled. It isn’t as sturdy and well made as I generally like. I didn’t really want to spend a huge amount on it though until I discovered whether or not it was something I would want to make very often.

They had others that were better made, better names and bigger price tags, but I figured if I enjoyed making Fondue and used it often enough, I could always upgrade later.

So the first time I tried out this set, I had some friends of ours over. We ended up using both beef and chicken and we heated some oil in the fondue to cook the meat which we marinated in a soy and Worcestershire type sauce.

In the accouterment dishes, I put BBQ sauce, Honey Mustard Sauce, Curry Sauce and Duck Sauce. I have to say everything came out wonderful and the Fondue Set was a big hit with my better half as well as our friends.

• Tuxton Fondue Set
      We had a good time Fondue style and did a good deal of laughing as well as discussing other fun ways to use the Fondue. I may even get a second one so that we can do both a meat and also a cheese one.

My only complaint about this Fondue set is that it isn’t as sturdy as I would like to see, but it’s functional and it heated up in no time and didn’t take as long as I thought it would to cook the chunks of chicken and steak that I had marinated.

I’ve seen other Fondue pots with different styles as well as different other Fondue sets made of different materials. There is a cast iron one that looks interesting and I also saw

an all stainless one that looked sturdy as well, but both of these were substantially more expensive than this Tuxton one that I bought for $40.

I think if you’re not entirely sure you’ll use this a lot or if you only want it for once in awhile, the Tuxton model that I bought with the Lazy Susan and accouterment dishes would be just fine and fit your needs no problem. I enjoyed using it and I think we probably will use often so I’m seriously thinking of giving this set to my daughter and then getting one of the better ones for myself. It’s not a bad Fondue set though. I just tend to want my kitchen appliances and equipment to be of a higher quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53502590281228/k2311a025/2.5.09