Vita-Mix 1363 CIA Professional Countertop Blender  » Housewares  »
  • I try to make it a point to always invest in the best when it comes to my kitchen equipment
  • Simply put, I like accumulating the very best when it comes to Kitchen appliances and gadgets
  • Then one boring Sunday afternoon, while I was flipping channels on the sofa trying to get sleepy so I could catch a much deserved nap, I came across one of those quality pieces of Kitchen equipment on an infomercial
  • Even Tim the Tool man would be impressed with this appliance
  • Not that I believe anything is going to go wrong with this blender, but it's also nice to know that since you paid so much for it, it does come with a nice long 7 year warranty

• by KeeperoftheChaos

I try to make it a point to always invest in the best when it comes to my kitchen equipment. I’m not interested in trends and trying to outdo the neighbors; no, what I’m all about is quality, durability and multiple use for maximum efficiency. Simply put, I like accumulating the very best when it comes to Kitchen appliances and gadgets.

After having used several inexpensive countertop Blenders over the past few years, I was never satisfied with any of them for one reason or another. Some leaked. Some didn’t seem to have the power necessary to do the jobs that I needed done. Some were a nightmare to clean after using.

Then one boring Sunday afternoon, while I was flipping channels on the sofa trying to get sleepy so I could catch a much deserved nap, I came across one of those quality pieces of Kitchen equipment on an infomercial. Now I’m not one to just take an infomercial at it’s word. In fact, more often than not, I recognize them as being less than quality merchandise that is overhyped and overpriced.

However, when I first saw the commercial for Vita-Mix Pro,

I was fascinated and sat there glued to the set taking in every little piece of information they gave out. I ended up taking notes as a matter of fact. Then I spent the next few weeks researching the Vita-Mix Pro online and in consumer reports.

After finding the best price I could find on it, I made the purchase. Now it was not cheap and I’ll tell you right now that I’m not wealthy either. It’s just that I like nice things and I work extra hard to get them when I find them. If I decide I need to get something and it’s out of my price range, I take on as much extra work as I can until I’ve gotten the money put together. So yeah, $495 was a ton of money for me to spend on a blender.

But that’s just it, it’s so much more than just a blender. I can toss almost anything in here and it quickly makes mince meat of it. It’s like the cream of the crop among Blenders. I was sold on it the very first ...

• time I used it.

We started off with a Strawberry Daiquiri. I had friends over and I got some fresh strawberries in and rum. I wanted to make the frozen variety and while many blenders claim to be able to crush, chop, and shave ice, very few really do this with any amount of ease. The Vita-Mix shredded through the ice cubes like butter. In a matter of minutes, I had the smoothest, sweetest frozen strawberry daiquiris I’d ever had.

I’ve made vegetable soups with this and when I say vegetable, I mean I tossed entire tomatoes, peppers, onions minus the stems of course into the blender and put together a very fresh tasty high fiber, high quality and nutrient rich soup.

What can I say? It’s a professional grade blender and it shows. It has already lasted way longer than any other blender I’ve ever owned. It’s a good looking piece of equipment too. I don’t hide it away in my cupboards the way you do some appliances. Nope, I keep this one right out on the counter ready to go. It’s got a great platinum finish to it and compliments any

kitchen.

It comes with a huge cookbook as well as a DVD. The cookbook is just wonderful! I already had plenty of ideas of how I was going to use my Vita Mix, but this book gave me so many ideas that I hadn’t even thought of making before.

It’s a multi speed blender and at top speed those blades whip around at 240 mph! Imagine that! It simply screams power when you turn it on. Even Tim the Tool man would be impressed with this appliance. It has a nice 64 oz blending jar and when the unit is blending, the food seems to go up the sides of the jar and then into the middle and back down. It all blends with a nice smooth conformity. No lumps hanging around after you blend up your fruits and veggies with this one.

Not that I believe anything is going to go wrong with this blender, but it’s also nice to know that since you paid so much for it, it does come with a nice long 7 year warranty. I have a feeling that I’ll be using it for a lot longer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53502590271228/k2311a025/2.5.09