Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender  » Housewares  »
  • I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I love to cook
  • It eventually died and they don't even carry them anymore I don't think
  • I decided to get the Cusinart Smart Stick 200 Watt Hand Blender
  • I paid roughly $50 for this appliance and it was worth every penny spent on it and has saved me from dragging out the regular blender or food processor to do a smaller, simpler job

• by KeeperoftheChaos

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I love to cook. I’ve slowly been building a repertoire of gadgets and cooking equipment that I can be proud of and rely on to do most any job that comes up in my cooking adventures.

I’ve had three different stick or wand type blenders thus far. If you are confused what I’m talking about, think “Boat Motor” as Emeril would say. The first was just a hand held mixer type from Black and Decker. It was okay if you needed to whip a sauce or gravy, but it really wasn’t very heavy duty. It eventually died and they don’t even carry them anymore I don’t think.

After that, I tried a Hamilton Beach wand. Again, not nearly enough power for everything that I wanted to do with it. I used it for 4

months and one day while whipping some frosting, I began to smell the motor burning. That was the end of that one.

So I finally spent a week digging around online and comparison shopping. I decided to get the Cusinart Smart Stick 200 Watt Hand Blender. Now I have a boat motor I can honestly work with!

It’s so handy for making gravy, purees, batters, white sauces and mixing drinks. It’s a one hand operation and it’s so easy because you can take the blender and put it right down into the deepest of pots and whip it right there on the stove. It’s a nice long model and is a full 14 inches long. You can use the plastic measuring beaker that it comes with or you can blend it in a bowl or the pot or pan you’re cooking with.

I’ve ...

• not only used this with easy blending jobs like those mentioned above, but I’ve made frozen drinks before with it, inserting the blender right into the glass, adding ingredients like frozen fruit and ice and it whips right through with no effort at all for smoothies, daiquiris and liquid meals for times when I had tooth pain.

Cleanup is a snap. You simply pop off the blender blade attachment and it goes right into the dishwasher, clean every time. The stainless finish on the wand itself is a quick wipe down and never leaves a stain nor looks marred or soiled in any way. It is also just a nice classy looking piece of equipment in today’s modern kitchen where stainless is all the rage.

The motor on this appliance is whisper quiet compared to most I’ve used and seems to be plenty powerful for

every use I’ve thought of thus far. I haven’t been hesitant to use this on any job that has come up and I can’t say the same with previous hand held blenders I’ve owned. I used to think twice before using either of the other hand held blenders on some jobs because the batter was a bit thick or the fruit I was pureeing was frozen. Not so with the Cuisinart. I don’t hesitate for a moment, because you can tell by the motor’s power and the way it doesn’t ever sound like it’s bogged down with thick liquids that it’s going to handle anything I throw at it beautifully.

I paid roughly $50 for this appliance and it was worth every penny spent on it and has saved me from dragging out the regular blender or food processor to do a smaller, simpler job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53502590261228/k2311a025/2.5.09