Virginia Beach Boardwalk, Virginia Beach, VA  » Travel  »
  • It's nice to be near the ocean to do your morning walk and I love walking on the concrete of the boardwalk instead of the sand on the beach
  • Safety is not an issue at the boardwalk either

• by KeeperoftheChaos

One of the states that I absolutely love visiting while on a vacation is Virginia. We have vacationed in Virginia Beach 3 times now. One of our favorite things to do while there is spend some time on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk.

The Boardwalk is such an eclectic mix of things to do, restaurants and shops. The mix of people that visit are equally as eclectic. A good deal of the fun that I have there is sitting back and people watching! I’m a big people watcher anyway and this place is the perfect spot to sit back and relax and watch the world go by.

One time that we were there, we rented a tandem bicycle. It was a lot of fun to be able to ride all

over on the bike path together. The bike path is separate from the boardwalk so that people walking on the boardwalk don’t end up getting plowed into.

The Boardwalk is fun in the daytime, but the fun really begins at night. They have music, sometimes live, sometimes DJ’s, they have fireworks and dancing and all sorts of scheduled activities in the summer.

In the morning, while we were there, we went and walked the boardwalk early each day to get in some exercise to work off all the fattening food and drink we’d have at night! It’s nice to be near the ocean to do your morning walk and I love walking on the concrete of the boardwalk instead of the sand on the beach.

Safety is not ...

• an issue at the boardwalk either. I always felt very safe while there. They have a lot of police patrolling the area and I never saw anything in the way of crime any of the times that I’ve been there. It’s just a nice vacationing atmosphere with lots of friendly people all out to have a good time.

In addition to the live or DJ music that they have on the boardwalk at night for free, there are always street performers as well doing everything from juggling to mime to balloon animals. There are puppeteers and clowns too. You’ll also find a great arcade along the boardwalk to amuse yourself and there is even a miniature amusement park for the kids.

There are just a few street vendors along the boardwalk.

Some renting bikes and a guy that sells snow cones. Mostly there are lots of people vacationing and finding their own little niche in the Virginia Vacation hot spot.

I love the boardwalk and I think it’s a great place to go whether you’re 6 or 60 and I think the appeal of the place is how there is always something going on somewhere.

Lots of motels line up along the boardwalk and the last time we went, we had a room at one of these boardwalk hotels. It was fun to just go out on our balcony and watch the world below go by. Lots of funny amusing sites and we just put our feet up over the side of our railing on our balcony and took it all in. Great fun!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38402590111128/k2311a024/2.4.09