Hawaii Food Tours, Honolulu, HI  » Travel  »
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
  • I had heard about this from the Food TV Network and when I decided to go to Hawaii, I went ahead and made reservations
  • They tell you all kinds of interesting tidbits about Hawaiian culture and history and you see places that you'd never know existed if you were just making your way around alone
  • You visit Chinatown and the Noodle Factory and the Liliha bakery where they will introduce you to the most sinfully delicious pastries called Coco Puffs that are like Cream Puff pastry filled with this oozing buttery cream chocolate sauce that is to die for
  • We didn't do this one but after doing the Hole in the Wall tour, I'll definitely check this one out next time I get to Hawaii
  • You won't regret it and you'll even come away with some food preparatory tips

• by KeeperoftheChaos

When I went to Hawaii to visit a long time friend and her husband who now live there, one of the most fun things that we did while there was the Hawaii Food Tour. I had heard about this from the Food TV Network and when I decided to go to Hawaii, I went ahead and made reservations. I wasn’t sure how good it was going to be and now after having been, I would tell everyone that if you don’t do anything else in Hawaii, do this tour!

Matthew and Keira are your hosts on this very unique tour of the local restaurants of Hawaii, the history and the culture. You can choose from three different tours. One is the Hole in the Wall tour which is held from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Daily. It costs $99 a person and they pick you up at your hotel and bring you back to your hotel afterward. You go on this walking and tasting tour of the foods of Hawaii visiting several little hither to unknown eating establishments where you

eat and eat and eat so make sure you go hungry!

They tell you all kinds of interesting tidbits about Hawaiian culture and history and you see places that you’d never know existed if you were just making your way around alone. You visit Chinatown and the Noodle Factory and the Liliha bakery where they will introduce you to the most sinfully delicious pastries called Coco Puffs that are like Cream Puff pastry filled with this oozing buttery cream chocolate sauce that is to die for! I’m such a foodie as is my husband and it’s obvious from the tour that Matthew is a foodie too!

Matthew and Keira are the most wonderful warm and funny people. They know their Culinary and they know the local ins and outs, some of which not even the locals know! One of the benefits of going on this tour when you visit Hawaii is they give you the lowdown on all sorts of places to eat no matter what price range you are looking for and you can use their advice after the tour to ...

• decide where to spend your dining dollars for the rest of your vacation. I would never have thought of some of these places that they took us to, yet we ended up dining at two of them after having gone on this tour. Mathew is a former Chef and is one of Hawaii’s most well known Food and Restaurant writer and it’s just so nice to have his advice and his take on the dining scene there in Oahu.

They have this Hole in the Wall tour and they have a Gourmet Trilogy Tour for the Wine and Gourmet fan on Tuesday and Wednesday nights from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM that costs $199 per person and takes you on a tour of three restaurants where you sample various wines and courses from appetizers to entrees to desserts. We didn’t do this one but after doing the Hole in the Wall tour, I’ll definitely check this one out next time I get to Hawaii. I love wine and love going on wine tasting tours so I know this one would be very special.

The

Other one they have is the Hawaiian Feast in Paradise which is held on Monday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 PM-9:00 PM and costs $149 per person. You visit a nice intimate setting restaurant and sample both Traditional and Contemporary Hawaiian foods in several courses.

The Hawaiian Food Tour is one of the best and well loved secrets of Hawaii. I don’t know anyone who has taken one of these tours and not enjoyed it. If you can drag yourself away from the beach for awhile, make a point of doing this. You won’t regret it and you’ll even come away with some food preparatory tips.

You can make reservations online at Hawaiifoodtours.com and be sure you go on an empty stomach and wear some comfortable walking shoes. The amount of food you get is perfect. You are constantly sampling this and that and it’s not going to leave you feeling like you’re going to burst, yet it is very filling and satisfying. I probably gained 5lbs eating my way through the tour, but then again, I walked so maybe not!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38402589981128/k2311a024/2.4.09