Handmade Christmas by Martha Stewart  » Books  »
  • I like the activities I would actually do best
  • I wasn't all that interested in the ideas for candles, but some of the ornament and decoration instructions were interesting to look at, and who knows
  • There were also a few gift suggestions that I thought were useful
  • I think this Christmas I will make one of the ornaments and put them on top of my presents as decoration instead of bows

• by booklover

Although this book is really just a compilation of activities from Martha Stewart Living, the magazine (and the book says this, right above the title: the best of martha stewart living), it is nice to leaf through it and look at the ideas for Christmas.

I like the activities I would actually

do best. I wasn’t all that interested in the ideas for candles, but some of the ornament and decoration instructions were interesting to look at, and who knows? maybe one day I will actually decorate my house a la Martha Stewart. sigh.

The part I will actually use is the instructions for creative gift wrapping. Some of the suggestions in the book were very nice looking and not too expensive. There were also a few gift suggestions that I thought were useful. I think this Christmas I will make one of the ornaments and put them on top of my presents as ...

• Handmade Christmas by Martha Stewart
      decoration instead of bows.

The challenging thing about Martha Stewart anything is that everything looks perfect in the book or magazine, but never works that way in your own home. But at least with presents and wrapping, it will turn out right, because, well, a box is a box.

I thought the

cookie suggestions were actually pretty practical - I would do them if I didn’t already have plans for my holiday baking.

Of course, the only reason I picked up this book was to look at the pictures, but I did get several nice ideas and a few hours of daydreaming out of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17402589181028/k2311a024/2.4.09