Pixi Foto UK  » Business  »
  • On several occasions we had noticed a photographer snapping photos of children in the lobby area of our local Boots the Chemist
  • Luckily, this time round she really enjoyed the posing and loved the outfits
  • I would definitely recommend this company for getting the children to feel relaxed and for the good-quality photos that they produce

• by Daisy2000

On several occasions we had noticed a photographer snapping photos of children in the lobby area of our local Boots the Chemist. We had a look at the photographs they had taken and they looked quite cute. We saw that they had a special offer on which was £4.99 for a portrait sized photo of 12″ x 10″, which we thought was quite reasonable, so we booked a session.

Although our two-year old was excited at the idea of having her photo taken, when it came to sitting and posing in front of a man she had never met before, she became nervous and didn’t want to smile. The photographer did his best to calm her and tried to make her laugh by squeaking a toy duck, but she was having none of it. Obviously used to this reaction, the photographer suggested that we go away for a little bit and try again

a bit later. So we went to a cafe nearby, and after some warm milk and a cake she was a bit happier!

Our next attempt was much more successful. As well as the portrait photo, the photographer was able to take many more shots. While it’s obviously a sales ploy that they take lots of different shots and poses, when it’s your child and the poses look so good, it’s difficult to say no! We were also reassured that there was no obligation to buy, (although we kind of guessed what would happen!)

As well as some nice seated poses, he took great shots with her dressed up and with props. In the first she was dressed up in a beautiful fairy princess outfit and surrounded by flowers. Next he put a beret on her head, gave her a paintbrush to hold, and put some paints in front of her, and she ...

• looked like a mini-artist. And finally, he did her close-up! Luckily, this time round she really enjoyed the posing and loved the outfits.

A week later we had an appointment to view the photos and buy the ones that we liked. With all photo sessions, you expect some of them to be a bit disastrous; maybe a couple where you’re blinking or not smiling. However, I was amazed to see that every single one of them was perfect! And this made it potentially very expensive! I had to be a bit ruthless and reject some of the shots that looked good, but I stuck with a few favourites, and still ending up spending a lot more than the original £4.99 - but it could have been worse.

There are lot of photo companies who use this same kind of tactic - the offer of a very reasonable (or even free) photo, knowing

full well that customers just won’t be able to resist spending a lot more money. And this works even better when the photos are of their children. Who is going to be able to resist? However, a lot of photos that I’ve seen by other companies look a lot less natural-looking. They try to make them look arty, by shooting in a plain white room, they don’t necessarily get them to smile, or they put them in contrived or unflattering positions. This company’s photos were warm and natural-looking. They showed how our daughter normally looks, and they captured her personality and her cheekiness!

I selected the pack that gave me one large photo, one medium, and four mini-photos for each of the shots I chose. And they provided very good presents for grandparents!

I would definitely recommend this company for getting the children to feel relaxed and for the good-quality photos that they produce.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41402589131028/k2311a024/2.4.09